Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 way splits

jonson

Reaction score
Members Ride
just a VS exec..... and a VEss Ute
hey all, i have a set of hertz 3 way splits that i am hanging to get set up in the fronts of my vs exec (gonna have to source elec windows... or get a berlina)

was wondering if anyone had put some 3ways in before? (6' bass, 4'mid, 1'tweet) looking for some pics or ideas.

cheers guys.

JT

jonson

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh yeah, and long time reader first time poster ;)

jonson

Reaction score
Members Ride
yep, three seperate speakers, each side of the fronts. gonna be a huge speaker pod unless done right.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
im still not following, do you have the part number, or a picture....If its a 6 inch driver, then that will go onto the factory pods, the tweeters can go on the backsides of the mirror covers....what im assuming is that you now need to find some where to mount a 4 inch driver yes? the only 3 way splits i can find on there website are $2800, so i'm assuming these arent what your talking about..

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Your best bet would be to make up sum new door pods, so u can fit them side by side, u dont want to seperate them too far.

If they were mine, id put them in my rear shelf, will be alot easier to set up n just get sum good 6.5splits for the front. But this prob defeats the purpose of buyin these, why waste that much money for rears....

Holdencommodorevp, there a 3way splits, 1x 6.5 driver 1x4" mid driver n 1x tweeter, all the freq are split up so they go thru the right speaker, u get much better sound as ur 6.5 isnt puttin out the mid bass as there is a mid driver. It will have alot cleaner sound across the freq rage compared tto most splits. exy tho, i wouldnt mind sum, but cost is yea high for good onse

jonson

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSK 163 - High-Energy - Hertz - audison

cheers calais_cruzin, your right, making them rears would be easier, but pointless :) i have the woofers in the factory position atm and the tweeter is in the a/c vents in the doors (stealth as ;) ) so i am gonna have to make up some f/g 3way pods, just wondering if its been done b4.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Shouldnt be too hard to make some f/g pods to suit the 3 ways. Just buy another pair of stock pods, cut out the section you'll need to fibreglass and away you go...use MDF rings to mount the woofers in. Check out mobileelectronicsaustralia...especially in the tutorials and FAQ section....theres atleast one thread on there showing how to make up pods, just adapt it to suit your situation ;)

jonson

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers, i'll have a look. i have had a go at fiberglassing b4, without a lot of success. guess its time for another go :) practice makes perfect

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
ideally if you arent afraid to try you want the tweeters and mid range in the apillars and the mid bass in the door. the mid range is the most important speaker and getting it nice and high and forward will give you the best results. but at a minimum you would want ot get at least half a litre of enclosure for the mid range otherwise it just wont perform as well as it should.
another option is to try to build the mid range inot the kick panels. this is a good tried and tested position for mid range which utilises the dash as a bit of a waveguide