Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 years "free" servicing?!

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
g'day all!

was able to grab a new ute last month with holden 3 years "free" servicing, i believe its the same aspect as capped price servicing but apparently its free... the dealer didnt explain much about it i was hoping someone on here could shed some light on what entailed with this marketing scheme is it just regular servicing for 3y/60,000km but at no charge? sorry if i come across as a tool in regards to this:bang:

thanks for the help!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
ring the dealer :)

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Try this link,

Let me google that for you

It appears you may suffer from extreme laziness, so I even copied and pasted the fine print:

* New vehicles sold and delivered before 30/04/13 at participating Holden Dealers. Four standard scheduled services for 3 years/60,000km, whichever occurs first. Must service within 3,000km's/90 days of scheduled service date, whichever occurs first. Excludes Volt and MY14 Cruze. Private and ABN buyers only.

Note that a majority of people seem to think that 15,000km service intervals are too far apart.

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
Thanks how thoughtful of you... But that wasnt what i was asking. Are there no hidden charges at all? I will bug them at the first 3000km service i guess but what if something needs replacing on the 3rd/4th service eg. gearbox (no i dont drive it like an idiot) will that still be covered or just plain fuild changes or checks?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
hey you're right about coming across as a tool.
I think he answered your question pretty well so what is with the attitude? Maybe you should learn to read before signing important documents fella.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Thanks how thoughtful of you... But that wasnt what i was asking. Are there no hidden charges at all? I will bug them at the first 3000km service i guess but what if something needs replacing on the 3rd/4th service eg. gearbox (no i dont drive it like an idiot) will that still be covered or just plain fuild changes or checks?

It sounds like you are talking about warranty not basic servicing, it would be wise to talk to the dealer and find out what they have to say - the specifics are most likely also in your documentation you received with the vehicle.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67

Read your service manual to see what a service entails.

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
It sounds like you are talking about warranty not basic servicing, it would be wise to talk to the dealer and find out what they have to say - the specifics are most likely also in your documentation you received with the vehicle.

This is the answer im looking for thank you someone to clear the air in regards with that lol

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
hey you're right about coming across as a tool.
I think he answered your question pretty well so what is with the attitude? Maybe you should learn to read before signing important documents fella.

Big al with a big ego... Never had a attitude about it in the first place i can read docuents just fine and there was nothing in my new car contract stating fine print about this scheme holden bought out, i can understand what franklinfrog said but that paragraph i read over a thousand times before comitting to buy and it is no help to what i originally asked, your the one with an attitude fella...

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Four standard scheduled services for 3 years/60,000km

Paragraph says 'standard scheduled services'. Your log book will show exactly what is to be done in the first four scheduled services. This you can expect for free! Any manufacturer faults will be covered under warranty just like any commodore, even if you have to do battle with your dealer to get it free.

I'd be careful about them hinting at "could probably change these brake pads, would recommend flushing brake lines......would be good to put new coolant in etc etc" as this won't be free and might be considered an up sell. Might also be urgently required. You'll get bare bones service for free as shown in log book.