Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

30 things you didn't know about the VF Commodore.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I don't know the legalities of a remote start, but in NSW you legally have to switch the engine off if you're more than 3 metres away from your vehicle. That would make the remote start fairly useless.

Victoria law... you are not allowed to leave your vehicle running and unattended in a public place so yes.. legal, so long as your not showing it off to your mates in public. This is a big grey area....
Parked out on the street... Public
In your driveway... Private
In the shopping centre or work carpark... Good question as its not always privately/publically owned.

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
Public areas are defined as areas accessible by the public. So carparks are public places unless they are accessed via boom gates/etc.

Do a high smoke circle work skid down at Coles and see if the magistrate lets you off!!

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
Public areas are defined as areas accessible by the public. So carparks are public places unless they are accessed via boom gates/etc.

Do a high smoke circle work skid down at Coles and see if the magistrate lets you off!!

my driveways/front yard acesable by public......even though its my property.....

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
having remote start is completely different to leaving your car running with the keys in it unlocked.

with remote start the doors would be locked and if some how you could get inside the engine would shut down/park brake would not release until it picks up the key

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Bomber, thanks for the clarification.

Naf33n. Completely agree with you. But thats what the law states. The law doesnt see the difference.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Remote start would be interesting considering it's technically illegal.

Just to add, it's not illegal to give your engine a kick in the guts if its in your garage while your eating your corn flakes. As for doing it in the streets its only illegal if you get caught and as far as pointless well then making cars that can go faster than 110kph is pointless as in NSW that is the maximum speed you can go.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just to add, it's not illegal to give your engine a kick in the guts if its in your garage while your eating your corn flakes. As for doing it in the streets its only illegal if you get caught and as far as pointless well then making cars that can go faster than 110kph is pointless as in NSW that is the maximum speed you can go.

lololol. I can very much assure you that Holden would not rely on "it's only illegal if you get caught" as a defence for any feature on a car they sell. Without knowing the regulations back to front, what NAF33 posted above sound correct to me and I am positive the car will comply with all relevant ADR's and associated regulations.

Further to that, cars are sold outside NSW where the speed limit may be higher than 110km/h and in the case of HSV's they are actively encouraged to be track driven where that limit doesn't exist what so ever.

You appear to live in a very small world.