Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

30 things you didn't know about the VF Commodore.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

I can see the whole no manual for the wags putting a few people off.

already has :(

guy I know who has had 3 VE SSv manual wagons in the past (last 2 were redlines) was itching to get a manual VF SSV sportwagon

he is so pissed off he has gone and traded the VE SII SSV Redline he had ..on a V8 manual Landcruiser
and the other 5 Holden company cars (sedans and wagons) which he ran (he has a small business) will NOT
be replaced with Holdens. He is ropeable and Holden will have lost sales of at least $300k...from 1 individual they upset !

Wogboy1994

Rough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Public areas are defined as areas accessible by the public. So carparks are public places unless they are accessed via boom gates/etc.

Do a high smoke circle work skid down at Coles and see if the magistrate lets you off!!

my work car park is accessable by boom gates.

your saying if I slip security a pineapple I wont get bent over by the cops?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Nice to know there is finally a choice in stereos.

As for the isofix its ridiculous that this hasn't been introduced much sooner considering Europe has had it for the past 15 odd years and its quite obviously a much safer choice (considering how many people do not know how to install a baby seat properly). Guess it all depends on how long it takes for it to be approved in Oz.

this ISOFIX and LATCH topic is driving me insane. the honest to god reason why it hasnt been implemented is because DOTARS have said "it is too difficult to change the existing child restraint anchorage regulations" they have spent the last 4 years trying to decide whether they will create a new ADR for isofix/latch or add it to the existing ADR.... literally... thats what they have arguing which has held the the process up. "do we alter the current rule, or make a new one?"

if youre thinking of popping out little wraiths, there is an online petition you can sign to try and get them to hurry their arses up.

most retarded diplomatic holdup ever. and they say they are trying to save lives.

and on the keyless thing: i have nooooo fkn idea how theyre gonna get it to pass. im assuming there would have been a revision of the "securities" adr prior to it release, but i havnt checked yet.

Verse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S 5spd, VT S2
Definitely sucks about the whole no manual wagon thing. I know quite afew people that just put there wallets away upon hearing that

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Remote start would be interesting considering it's technically illegal.

Ok.... Had a decent look at the HSV range the other day and got the low down on the remote start. Yes the cars can remote start (auto only). In order to actually do anything what so ever with the car you have to sit in the drivers seat and press the start button whilst pressing the brake whilst the key is in the cabin. If you try to put it in gear or anything without the key in the cabin the car immediately shuts down.

I'd need to check the requirements of the relative ADRS however, as I posted above, there is zero chance Holden would sell a car on the Australian market which did not comply with the ADR's. If there was found to be any breach you will find it was very technical in nature and there would be an immediate recall of all cars to get it rectified.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
The only use for remote start I'd have is for scaring the neighbours cat off the car.

What would you guys use it for?

rory

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SV6 & 2006 Nissan Patrol ST
The only use for remote start I'd have is for scaring the neighbours cat off the car.

What would you guys use it for?

If I had it I would use it on cold/hot days as soon as I could start the car, auto climate control cools/warms the car to temp and then after you have loaded any gear/shopping in just jump into a cozy car at a nice temp, also the engine will be worn less due to reduced load whilst cold.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Racing starts......

I'd be first one out of the car park come five o'clock knockoff.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
remote start was big in europe and snowy parts of japan so they could demist/de-ice the windscreen without having to go outside.

in australia its not so much of an issue. but in a place like hokkaido, where there windscreens would be covered in ice every morning for 6 months, it is massively useful.

much better to demist the screen with cold air than it is tipping salt water on it.