Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

30 things you didn't know about the VF Commodore.

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
already has :(

guy I know who has had 3 VE SSv manual wagons in the past (last 2 were redlines) was itching to get a manual VF SSV sportwagon

he is so pissed off he has gone and traded the VE SII SSV Redline he had ..on a V8 manual Landcruiser
and the other 5 Holden company cars (sedans and wagons) which he ran (he has a small business) will NOT
be replaced with Holdens. He is ropeable and Holden will have lost sales of at least $300k...from 1 individual they upset !

That's ridiculous. I can understand the no manual option causing people to put their wallets away when it comes to upgrading their cars. But to be such a sook and trade in his VE redline (which he clearly loved as he had three of the things) to go to an imported car is just stupid. Then to also say that he wont replace his 5 company cars with Holdens (considering Holden have clearly provided him with great cars up to now) is a joke, and blokes like him are the reason Holden are going downhill. You say Holden have upset him by not offering a manual, but its not Holdens fault that they've lost $300k of order, it's on this bloke and you should tell him to harden the %^& up.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
That's ridiculous. I can understand the no manual option causing people to put their wallets away when it comes to upgrading their cars. But to be such a sook and trade in his VE redline (which he clearly loved as he had three of the things) to go to an imported car is just stupid. Then to also say that he wont replace his 5 company cars with Holdens (considering Holden have clearly provided him with great cars up to now) is a joke, and blokes like him are the reason Holden are going downhill. You say Holden have upset him by not offering a manual, but its not Holdens fault that they've lost $300k of order, it's on this bloke and you should tell him to harden the %^& up.

It's a hard one. I personally like the row boats myself but surely if the manual wagons were viable Holden would be offering them since their r&d cost would be around $0. As for people going else where - meh, which other V8 manual wagon will they be buying? There is always the HSV sports tourer which is available in a manual. And yeah, the example above smells very much like a spoilt child taking his bat & ball and going home. As for a V8 manual cruiser, I'd have to be a 70 series td. Yes it's a v8 manual, drives like a truck, can tow and carry a lot of stuff and hardly comparable to a sportswagon.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
remote start was big in europe and snowy parts of japan so they could demist/de-ice the windscreen without having to go outside.

in australia its not so much of an issue. but in a place like hokkaido, where there windscreens would be covered in ice every morning for 6 months, it is massively useful.

much better to demist the screen with cold air than it is tipping salt water on it.

In the US remote start has been popular for many years and will continue to be popular. Many cars come out of the factory with it including Ford, GM products and Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep. I made my living on remote starts when I was there.

@Reaper, what your saying about not being able to do anything in the car is a pretty much standard with aftermarket remote starts also. They are wired to the brake pedal as an instant kill (as is the bonnet). Not much you can do without touching the brake pedal at least once. Since the VF being released with remote start, I have done 11 VEs in the last month alone! With an aftermarket kit you can also fit it to a manual safely (DEI remote starts require a procedure to have been completed on shutdown before it will allow a remote start to happen)

As to what purpose they serve here in Australia, that'll be smirking at you on a 35 degree day while your gasping for air in your 60 degree car as I climb into my precooled 19 degree heaven :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
^^^ Remote start isn't available on manual VF's. Not oem anyway. No idea if you can turn it on via the ecu or not.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Probably should've clarified sorry. Thats right, RS is not available on manuals but I was pointing out that it can be fitted quite safely to other vehicles including the VE. In retrospect... the VF as well. I haven't done one yet but knowing that their canbus is very similar to the VE (virtually identical save for a few extra commands) then I'm pretty confident that the same method for the VE will work on a VF.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Probably should've clarified sorry. Thats right, RS is not available on manuals but I was pointing out that it can be fitted quite safely to other vehicles including the VE. In retrospect... the VF as well. I haven't done one yet but knowing that their canbus is very similar to the VE (virtually identical save for a few extra commands) then I'm pretty confident that the same method for the VE will work on a VF.

So it can be switched on??? What other stuff can be done?? (ve or vf)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
No, it can be added via an aftermarket unit. Using something along the lines of a Viper 5902