Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

300,000kms worth of cr*p in plenum and TB * Photo Heavy*

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
wow thats really surprising to see that much gunk
i cleaned t/b ages ago and i thought that was heaps better for car after now i might do this too soon:)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Holly cr@p!! That is alot of sludge on the TB butterfly.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
looks like burnt on oil from the EGR valve cooking it on the throttle butterfly maybe the EGR valve is a little knaffed and not closing or the cars not heating fast enough or something ive never seen one like that ever

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
nah that looks pretty average for A 300,000 km old ecotec to me... work on the things for a living and believe it or not ive seen worse than that! not around the throttle body but around the 5 and 6 intake runners especially.... crappy oil and long service intervals are the main contributors to that carbon buildup

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Would you like sauce with that :p

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
nah that looks pretty average for A 300,000 km old ecotec to me... work on the things for a living and believe it or not ive seen worse than that! not around the throttle body but around the 5 and 6 intake runners especially.... crappy oil and long service intervals are the main contributors to that carbon buildup

I don't doubt what you are saying but don't get how it is crappy oil that would do it. It used to be a monthly thing on my two stroke bike, however in a four stroke I would have thought crappy fuel and lack of servicing?

Maybe I am believing the advertising for BP ultimate too much

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Nothing to do with the oil, its all about how these engines breath etc. Plays an important role in the longevity of internal seals as well. Check the PCV valve for this. EGR valve worth checking too. I hope you didnt wash all the gunk down the intake runners ?