Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3000rms, What awg/guage wire should i run?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah Crazy Cables on eBay has 15m rolls of 0ga for $99 + $13 postage.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
only $13 postage?

grafxworld

KLRBASS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT GTR EXEC S1 - SOLD off
I agree 13 bucks postage for that heavy roll of wire ?
might want to check that again

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
how about a reactor in the boot?? ;) Would solve the cable problem at least..... Might cost just a bit more tho....

(sorry, just being fatuous) :D

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Phreddy said:
how about a reactor in the boot?? ;) Would solve the cable problem at least..... Might cost just a bit more tho....

(sorry, just being fatuous) :D
so would you do a rod change every oil filter change? and then change the coolant in the radiator and the reactor?;)

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
i bought 2 rolls of 15m 0 awg from crazy cables at an excellent price. Got them for $72 for the first one and $70 for the second as the first one only had one other bid and the other had no other bids. Postage on the first was $20 and i took massive advantage of their policy of only extra $2 postage for additional items (bet they weren't expecting people to buy 2 big rolls). All in all, 30 metres of 0 AWG cable for a grand total of $164 (equates to approximately $5.47p/m). - beats $12p/m for 2 gauge from jaycar ey?

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
just curious.. what did you use 30metres for? can this be used for relocating a battery?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
well actually i went halves with a mate, so i've got a 15 metre roll and he's got a 15 metre roll. I bought it primarily because of the excellent price. I've actually already got a 0 gauge run to the boot for a couple of amps distributed (when my other amp finally gets here). I plan on using this first and foremost just for upgrading the wiring under the hood (grounding etc). I'm sure you could incorporate it in a dual battery setup but i'm aware there's other pieces you'd need for the setup (buzzwords like "smart solenoid" ring a bell or two). I pretty much got it a) because i can use it and gives me PLENTY of cable for any heavy drain electrical applications i may add with future expansions and b) because at that price even if i only use a bit i could probably sell it for more than i bought it for. Cheers, Bryce.