Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3000rpm stall only stalling to 2000rpm???

stealth616

stealth616
Reaction score
Members Ride
5ltr VN Wagon
Hey guys just got my hi stall put in 2day and yea its a 3000rpm hi stall but yet if i hold it with the brakes i can only get it to stall to 2000rpm n then it breaks traction, just wondering could this b because its a new stally that needs a bit of time to loosen up???

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
will only stall to 3000 if youve got a trans brake to see if it is a 3000 stall floor it in a strait line and watch your tacho and see when it takes off

stealth616

stealth616
Reaction score
Members Ride
5ltr VN Wagon
will only stall to 3000 if youve got a trans brake to see if it is a 3000 stall floor it in a strait line and watch your tacho and see when it takes off

but wouldnt flooring it from a full stop b the same as accelerating under brakes cos u hav the resistance against the road as wat u would against brakes?

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
What is stall speed and how do I determine what stall I have now?
Stall speed is a term used to describe the rpm at which the torque converter transfers the power from the engine to the transmission. There are different ways to test stall speed. "Foot brake stall" is when you press the brake pedal and then press the gas pedal. When the engine rpm doesn't go any higher or the tires start to spin that is "brake stall". (DO NOT TRY THIS! THIS MEASUREMENT IS MEANINGLESS AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TO YOU, THE TRANSMISSION AND THE TORQUE CONVERTER!) "Flash stall" is when you, from a dead stop, press the gas pedal to wide open throttle (wot). Watch your tach needle, you will see the needle jump to a certain rpm, that is "flash stall". A drag racing-style trans brake will give you closer to the true stall speed of a torque converter.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the stall rpm is the rpm at which the converter will be turning the input shaft at engine revs with no slip so yeah you will do burnouts before than ide say

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
mates ed turbo gets tp 2500rpm before it starts moving best part is its at full boost by then too:)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
2000 before it turns the wheels is heaps above stock, mine turns the tyres at exactly 1300 rpm while on the brake, it's rubbish :D I'd be pretty happy with 2000, it should be able to flash higher than 2000 from standstill depending on how much grunt you have