Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

300KW V6 Heading to Aus???

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Look at where the fluffing oil filter is. Nasty.

not much different to the filter location on an emotec

Dont care how much horsepower these engines put out, itl still sound like a choked duck. All 6's no matter how much power they put out sound like sh!t ! For me most of the enjoyment from a car is the noise... V8 for life ;)

straight 6s have a better sound than v6, still not a v8 rumpity bump, but much nicer than v6, i love the rawness of mine every time i get up it

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
not much different to the filter location on an emotec

Very different as far as I see it. An Eco filter protrudes out the front of the motor. The filter on this looks to sit between or against the engine mount and cross-member/sub-frame, protruding backwards. I doubt you'll just be reaching inside the hood to swap it out or that it'll be a 5 minute job.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very different as far as I see it. An Eco filter protrudes out the front of the motor. The filter on this looks to sit between or against the engine mount and cross-member/sub-frame, protruding backwards. I doubt you'll just be reaching inside the hood to swap it out or that it'll be a 5 minute job.

so it becomes a 10 minute job, jacking the car up and unscrewing it from underneath the car, much like many other cars. not really a big problem seeing as you need to be under the car to remove the sump plug anyway

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Barely, you only need reach under the car for the sump plug, I have long arms though, never used a jack on an Eco. We'll see I guess, all comes down to how the engine is bolted in, but I still say it's going to be suckful coming in from the mounts and sub-frame comparatively.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

So it means you undo it when it's on the hoist to drop the oil :bang:. Probably makes it less than a 5 min job tbh.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Oh so I should just use the hoist bolted to my garageless paved driveway, I wondered what that thing was. Wow, sorry I offended so many folk with my initial assessment, I thought this was a community forum for a minute, my bad.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Barely, you only need reach under the car for the sump plug, I have long arms though, never used a jack on an Eco. We'll see I guess, all comes down to how the engine is bolted in, but I still say it's going to be suckful coming in from the mounts and sub-frame comparatively.

given that itll end up in a vf if it does come to aus, it will most likely have plastic underpanels that need removing before getting to either the filter or sump plug, so either way its not going to be as simple as your car.

Oh so I should just use the hoist bolted to my garageless paved driveway, I wondered what that thing was. Wow, sorry I offended so many folk with my initial assessment, I thought this was a community forum for a minute, my bad.

offend? so many folk? lol

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Not a turbo fan, more moving parts equals less reliability, V8 all the way and when you can't get them might as well buy a Charade.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Could they win me back?