Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

300KW V6 Heading to Aus???

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Welcome to 2013 where turbos are common practice in modern day cars for both performance and efficiency. I'd take a V8 over a turbo any day but you can't dismiss their advantages just because you don't like them. So I guess if you were offered a Bugatti Veyron, you'd say nah its ok I've got my charade?

I would take it, then flog it off before the first $5,000 service and repair job.of course more turbos now, we live in a disposable society, when someone buys a Great Wall do you think they will end up trading it is or tow it to Sims Metals. Turbos are the same, plenty of standard 6 and 8's running around with 500,000 on the clock but you won't see any of these turbos doing that, they are disposable, buy it low KM and make sure you sell by 100,000km and the earlier the better or it's a trip to Sims by the time it hits 200,000km.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
OK I'll keep looking for a falcon dyno charting torque of a stock turbo which shows it in fact has the opposite of lag between idle and 2000rpm, when it peaks at 530nm, like the twat in the article states, upon which you referenced how the xr6t makes peak torque earlier than the Holden V8.
2600rpm is xr6t untuned peak, most tunes shift curve into mid 3k territory.
Don't listen to Toby, at 2000 rpm a V8 has more torque - a stock L77 makes 406nm at idle (not wasting fuel) - that's more than the STI version of the WRX makes at its peak.
Ooooo your one of those guys that thinks all turbo setup a have massive amounts of lag. FG makes peak torque from 1950rpm, VE SS at 4400rpm. Those are the facts, feel free to find a magical dyno sheet.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
That's not what owners say on every fricken Ford forum! Simply Google xr6t lag. The common complaint is it makes zero usable torque below 2000. Unless of course the FG is dramatically different to other xr6t engines?
Mate there's every chance that your turbo has more torque than a V8 at idle, and no lag under 2000, that's not typical.
Post a pic please.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
That's not what owners say on every fricken Ford forum! Simply Google xr6t lag. The common complaint is it makes zero usable torque below 2000. Unless of course the FG is dramatically different to other xr6t engines?
Mate there's every chance that your turbo has more torque than a V8 at idle, and no lag under 2000, that's not typical.
Post a pic please.
Lmao at the google search king. Maybe search FG, totally different turbo, different exhaust manifold, different head design, different inlet manifold mate. Back in your corner.
No point posting my car, it's so far removed from standard it will mean nothing.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Lmao at the google search king. Maybe search FG, totally different turbo mate. Back in your corner.
No point posting my car, it's so far removed from standard it will mean nothing.

Doh busted me! Yes I cheated, used Google to look up an alien car to compare to mine... LMAO a Ford bloke with a bias to taxis moderating a Holden forum!
No need to get defensive, the older xr6t was no good down low and apparently the FG is now a fine car to drive, just still weaker than a stock V8 under 1950rpm (95% of the time).

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Doh busted me! Yes I cheated, used Google to look up an alien car to compare to mine... LMAO a Ford bloke with a bias to taxis moderating a Holden forum!
No need to get defensive, the older xr6t was no good down low and apparently the FG is now a fine car to drive, just still weaker than a stock V8 under 1950rpm (95% of the time).
What does me being an admin have to do with it. I like Holden's, I drove a VE V8 Calais and a FG G6ET and purchased the one I preferred.
Yep you win the V8 has more torque at idle :s

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What does me being an admin have to do with it. I like Holden's, I drove a VE V8 Calais and a FG G6ET and purchased the one I preferred.
Yep you win the V8 has more torque at idle :s

People forget people usually prefer to buy what is the better car to them. Sadly many just buy a badge for the sake of it.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
People forget people usually prefer to buy what is the better car to them. Sadly many just buy a badge for the sake of it.

Like people that buy Chevy badges :boxing: