Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 budget rebuild - guaranteed to make you cringe

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Chinawinder is ok for stock/mild 304...after that porting needed as runner flow badly uneven.

Yeah early versions that I saw were total junk that barely bolted up...newer versions said to be ok at cheapie price.

Hi-winder flowed better & needed some porting to get better air distribution...never got chance to use it.

355 in sle is still has small valves cleaned up heads...with harrop single/10:7cr/f280 somehow made 320rwhp with dud f/pump,small extractors,old fuel & other issues lol

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
jaTikhj.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
And injectors too....

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
And injectors too....
Problem is I have no idea what they are... Last 3 numbers have been scratched out for some reason, so not sure about what they're actually suitable for or whether they'd work for my application (may be way too big?).

Number is 02 801 58xxx
Also posted on pcmhacking - hopefully somebody can help ID them!
HEK8hZV.png

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Those could possibly be injector dynamics injectors. Note the number around the bottom of the injector and the image that looks to be laser engraved. Check each one, they should all have their own serial numbers if they are what I think.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Those could possibly be injector dynamics injectors. Note the number around the bottom of the injector and the image that looks to be laser engraved. Check each one, they should all have their own serial numbers if they are what I think.
Thanks mate, will check them over the weekend and post back. Just got in contact with the previous owner and he was told they were 1000cc injectors but he couldn't confirm that.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1000cc is huge, must of been on hell of a motor they were fitted on.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah apparently a 355 on e85 but don’t know other specs.

Guessing they’ll be way too big whatever they are - also has a Bosch regulator (dead head setup?) with no return line. I’ve got some ls1 injectors I’ll probably use anyway.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I think my one is ready to fire up tonight. Ask away if you come across any questions fitting it
Cheers mate. This engine's planned for my daily so will be getting the starr manifold first off. When the stato's just a weekender (probably a couple more years) I'll probably fit it. It just came up at a really good price, and thought I'd probably never find another that cheap - you know how it is :p

Realllly keen to see how you compare it to the bananas. And also keen to know how much is involved in altering the tune too.