Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Knock Sensor

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've been procrastinating about getting into PCM stuff for months but I don't have the patience at the moment. I will one day though.
Thanks for all the advice!
AED from Envyous Customs is brilliant. You can log live data and test how the car is running. All you need is the cable, laptop and the software. I have it but I need a new key as my old lappy is cactus and the licence is on that computer.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you kept your email from Envyous Customs, when buying AED, there would be a copy of the license number with that email.
It only works once.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Not according to EC. I believe it's changed now but the old key only works once. I'd probably struggle to find it anyway the keyboard is dead on the old lappy. Tried a USB keyboard but it wouldn't work either.

R.J Harrison

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 304 Datsun
I've spent most of last night and today reading about DTC 49.

One thing that came up a couple of times was a write about how the coil to ignition module wire in the VS SIII and VT 304 gets interference. It should never have been wrapped up next to the hall effects sensor in a loom. This write up never had any clear answers after it as to if it worked. But I thought I had nothing to loose so gave it a go.

I ran some 15a wire and cut and soldered them together outside of the loom. Problem solved no more error.

From what I read is that when it's triggered it reverts from sequential injection back to standard non roller injection. It happens to some cars and not others. Sometimes a new dizzy can fix it or just re rerunning the wire. Anyway mind blown. Just have to find the tacho wire and bridge it up so I can see when I hit 6k.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Smash in a tune that doesn't need the knock. They were **** on those tractor motors anyway.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Smash in a tune that doesn't need the knock. They were **** on those tractor motors anyway.
Joe at ACE says he looked at my file and there's no option to disable the knock sensor on my model otherwise I would.
One less wire in the way would make my day.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Joe at ACE says he looked at my file and there's no option to disable the knock sensor on my model otherwise I would.
One less wire in the way would make my day.

Interesting. Was a simple switch in the tune when I messed with them (long time ago now).

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Interesting. Was a simple switch in the tune when I messed with them (long time ago now).
Yeah I'm under the impression they all do. Mines a bastard hybrid VS and VT. Might have something to do with a VT computer and VS tune. No clue to be honest but I believe him. She'll be right anyway.