Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 rocker covers

Bob80series304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss
Hi everyone. Im new to this forum. I have an 80series landcruiser with a 304 in it. Its a lot of fun as im sure you can all imagine. I want to run oil catchers on it. Im wondering if the rocker covers can be swapped. Does driver side fit passenger side and vice versa. Just think it will be a much neater job if the factory breath holes were at the back. Much more room under than bonnet than in a vn so im not worried about space. If the engine was on a stand. Would they fit ?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The drivers side cover is notched for the distributor, so it probably won't, or if it does it will be a tight fit. Either way the factory breather location will probably be an issue with distributor if you swap them.

Last edited:

Bob80series304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss
The drivers side cover is notched for the distributor, so it probably won't, or if it does it will be a tight fit. Either way the factory breather location will probably be an issue with distributor if you swap them.
I see a notch for the brake booster. But the rocker covers seem to be quite a distance from the dizzy

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I think you're right, must have picture that notch on the wrong side of the cover.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi everyone. Im new to this forum. I have an 80series landcruiser with a 304 in it. Its a lot of fun as im sure you can all imagine. I want to run oil catchers on it. Im wondering if the rocker covers can be swapped.
What is your reasoning? Usually for better oil drain back people add a fitting in the back of the head.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Could always just put some fittings into the back of the rocker covers. Either get some weld on AN fittings or use some JB weld to and do it the cheap way?