Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 SS to 355 Stroker

Jezmont

Jez
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport Z Series
Hey all,

I have a VR SS 304 that I am planning on blowing out to 355 stroker. The current engine is mildly worked with ported heads, stage 2 cam, memcal, high flow fuel pump, CAI, extractors and a few other mods, it goes very hard but want to do something different. Does anyone know the best way to go about getting it stroked to 355? Should I just get a stroker kit ready to go? Or should I buy the parts like the shaft etc separately? Not sure how to begin.

Thanks!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Go visit COME or SCAT. Set yourself around $6k for the motor + manifold, TB and tune. Buy the crank, rods and pistons as a balanced kit. Another option would be to buy a Pavtek crate motor which is ready to rock and roll. Do yourself a favor and stay away from any of the crap Chinese brands as they are less than optimal.

Reaper

Jezmont

Jez
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport Z Series
Thanks man.

COME has got some solid deals! Can get a 355 kit fairly cheap, but I take it the $6k you are talking about is everything done?

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
Whats your location i know of a good engine builder in Adelaide, he is not the cheapest but his work is A1

Jezmont

Jez
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport Z Series
Im in Sydney. Might be a bit of a pain, thanks anyway!