Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 stroked to 355 ECU

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I put together a similar 355 a few years back (COME crank, A9Ls, ACL pistons, Crane 284, 9.5 comp, bigger throttle body, exhaust etc, stock everything else). Trying to get a mail order tune to work was a major hassle and living in the bush, I didn't have ready access the dyno tuning options available in the cities. My advice would be get a custom tune on the dyno, but it'll definitely run with a stock tune.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I put together a similar 355 a few years back (COME crank, A9Ls, ACL pistons, Crane 284, 9.5 comp, bigger throttle body, exhaust etc, stock everything else). Trying to get a mail order tune to work was a major hassle and living in the bush, I didn't have ready access the dyno tuning options available in the cities. My advice would be get a custom tune on the dyno, but it'll definitely run with a stock tune.
Did you have it dyno tuned in the end? That combo is similar to what I’m putting together

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I actually ditched the EFI and went Harrop dual plane and Holly 650! You going Holden or Chev journals?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not sure what the compression is, cam is a 282 by Comp cam and its got the standard EFI intake

Do you have the specs on that? I'm not familiar with it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Which would be crap with a banana's manifold (and the reason I ask). Maybe I'm a bit dehydrated but that's some serious duration?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Not really.
I'm also running a 282° intake in my 355". Except mine is hydraulic with less lift :(
@.050?! That's crazy talk :p

I actually ditched the EFI and went Harrop dual plane and Holly 650! You going Holden or Chev journals?
Holden journal - cheap and nasty lol

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&