Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 whipple /vortech

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Would like to up load a pic of my engine bay but having trouble doing it

Try using Imgur or a similar 3rd party image hosting site.

Then, using the pic link icon (next to the smile icon at the top of your new post) paste the pic link and you're away.

Jason 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn 304
Thanks VS 5.0, ive tried, must be too numb and too old

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Could also try using middle red button at bottom of post ( upload a file) , although the file needs to be smaller .
Don't know about the charge air intercooler but the optimal front mount intercooler radiator judging by mine on the v2 goes in front of all the other radiators.
Not sure about pump.

My immediate thoughts are the harrop would end up costing more but you'd think would be a little better, ( newer and more direct air intake), and neater looking.
I would suggest ringing and talking to both harrop and yellow terra.

Back in 2014 when I was trying to decide what way to go ,( it went from supercharge the V2 monaro to do the VS Maloo and ended up doing the monaro , but I rang the guys at yellow terra and talkedto them about doing the maloo and they were very helpful and informative .
As long as done right I don't think you'd be disappointed with either.

In a vn you won't be putting your foot flat down in 1st or 2nd without breaking/ fighting for traction.

And in the wet you'll have no hope.

Even in my V2 monaro, which I haven't even modded to it's potential, in damp / wet conditions I've got no hope low down in 1st and 2nd .
Even one night, way home from work, damp, straight line ,right conditions , 3rd gear , 70 , 80 klms , probably only about 1/2 throttle , hadn't disengaged traction control and it kicked in .

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, utube , marks workshop, he's in western Australia, he posts alot of his work , explains basically what's been done and shows dyno runs and or test drives.
Gives you an idea of what to expect.

Jason 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn 304
Vn Engine Bay.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Damn that's clean :cool:

Jason 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn 304
Took me a while, but finally got a pic up-loaded
I have watched a lot on Marks Workshop, he seems to know what he is on about, pitty he is on the other side of the country.
Those Harrops have got a fair bit of coin on them, plus they still have to be adapted to the car,,,, finished/bits & pieces/tuned I rekon you would be getting up near $15k

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
And then don't forget the upgraded fuel system and full drivetrain to cope with all that extra power and probably a brake upgrade to help put a leash on all that power.

Jason 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn 304
Thanks very much Immortality... that's why I'm looking for a neat charger set-up so I dont mess up what I have already done

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Don't want to pour cold water on your plans. However, keep in mind that a powerful V8 in your car will destroy your differential and trans (if auto) or gearbox/clutch (if manual) in no time at all without being upgraded. Also you will need to upgrade your brakes - if you want to go fast, you have to be able to slow down even faster!!! Been there, done that. How is your budget looking now?

Oops, immortality beat me to it!