Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

308 Carb vs 304 EFI Exhaust Manifolds

kk-kolonel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Starfire - ripe for mods
I have a set of Pacemaker headers on my 308 and am changing to a 304.

Being in NZ, the cost of buying a new set of headers to suit the 304 is more than $1000. So wondering if anyone has modified their 308 siamese port headers to suit the 304 even spaced port headers?

Is it as easy as cutting off the 308 flange then welding the outer header pipes to a 304 flange and re-routing the centre header pipes?

Cheers in advance.

kk-kolonel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Starfire - ripe for mods
Yeah it's an option as I have the original manifolds that came with the manifold, but already have the 308 headers and exhaust so was thinking I would keep as much of that system as possible.

Would a VT front pipe fit down between the gearbox and steering on my VH? (seeing as it is a super tight path for the headers already)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
May as well just make your own set from scratch than modifiy siamese to match symetrical heads.

Cast iron headers are okay if you have to use them.

Calais/HSV steel headers work well enough for stockers or baby cam,higher comp 304's atleast close enough to need better intake manifold etc by then you're spending coin anyway.

I'm using Advance extractors that came with v8 conversion in a vp...while I'd never buy a set as ports more like 1 1/2 in size with some ordinary press bends they're doing decent enough job for mildly modded cammed 304.