Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

308 into VK SL

VKcambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Sl
hey guyz. i'm very new to this forum and still working it out. but i wondering if someone could help me with a few questions..
I have just bought a VK sl commo with no motor, it had a 202 manual in it and i'm wondering wat i have to do to put a 308 auto in it. Do i have to change the Kframes or modify it, is there only 1 transmission cross member that i have to get. and i no i have to get a v8 auto tail shaft. and if theres anything things i dont know about plz plz plz tell me :D

if you can answer any of those questions i will love you long time lol

Cam :)

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
G'day, mate, your k frame should be fine, as well the cross member 2. you will need a longer tailshaft, brakes to pull up the v8. change your foot pedals, thats easy. And, your exhaust. I just did the same thing to my vk. I hope this help you. Cheers Jason

VKcambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Sl
thanx for the help.. Well i got a 308 red motor with a 3speed Trimatic that came out of a Hz wagon. so hopefully that shouldnt be any problem going in!

Cameron

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
thanx for the help.. Well i got a 308 red motor with a 3speed Trimatic that came out of a Hz wagon. so hopefully that shouldnt be any problem going in!

Cameron

You had better find a new motor, technically your not allowed to fit a red motor to a VK has to be a black motor due to polution requirements. You would probably get by with a blue motor with black motor polution gear.

cheers
scott

VKcambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Sl
i was Planing to Run it on Straight Gas.

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Ive a red motor too. All you have to do is make sure the pollution gear the same as the vk setup. Do you know what i mean, mate. Just have it the same as blue and black. My first vk had a 253 red, then i got it on the road. Now, I wish i still had it on the road. Cheers Jason

VKcambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Sl
just the inlet manifold yeah..? is there anything eles in them?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
just the inlet manifold yeah..? is there anything eles in them?

If your running it on straight gas it wont matter what manifold you have, polution gear wont matter.
Talk to some gas guys about manifolds specificly designed for gas performance. See if theres a gas direct injection setup rather than blow through the carb. Better performance, better fuel economy & tidier engine bay

cheers
Scott