Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

308 T5 to Bw driveshaft

Vk wagon xx7705

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Hay I'm doing a vk wagon project with 308 T5 Trans has a Bw diff what driveshaft fits I'm looking for one that will pretty much just bolt up my question is what one should I be looking for

waikato willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK calais
any standard two piece vl diff, change the front part to the right spline, dont be afraid to cut and weld the driveshaft either if your good with a welder

waikato willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK calais
yep but length might be different, could be to long, when I used a toploader it was almost perfect and thats a really short gearbox, in my silver vk with the w55 toyota box i cut it shorter and just welded it back up with a mig

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Rather than cutting and welding, check the measurement from the rear of the extension housing to the bolt hole of the centre bearing mount. Then measure a VN - VS T5 tailshaft, pretty sure it will be the same. Use the front of the T5 shaft and bolt it to the rear of your VK shaft, make sure you have the uni's in line, you may also have to get it rebalanced.

Vk wagon xx7705

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Rather than cutting and welding, check the measurement from the rear of the extension housing to the bolt hole of the centre bearing mount. Then measure a VN - VS T5 tailshaft, pretty sure it will be the same. Use the front of the T5 shaft and bolt it to the rear of your VK shaft, make sure you have the uni's in line, you may also have to get it rebalanced.
Cheers man I'll look into that I'm told the ea falcon one works

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Use the front of the T5 shaft and bolt it to the rear of your VK shaft, make sure you have the uni's in line, you may also have to get it rebalanced.

I was of the understanding the uni's need to be set opposite, so they cancel each other out to reduce harmonics? This is how I believe they out from factory?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I was of the understanding the uni's need to be set opposite, so they cancel each other out to reduce harmonics? This is how I believe they out from factory?

Nope, inline. Some driveshafts are not inline, EG my Range Rover front shaft was rotated one spline on the slip joint to stop vibration as the pinion pointed at the diff.

As the Commodore shaft has a CV in he centre, it doesn't matter about pinion angle, but it will still induce vibration if the uni's are out of phase.