Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

30e vl commodore won't rev over 2000rpm

30evlcommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
RB30e vl commodore
Hey guys my rb30e vl commodore is not reving over 2k revs I have brought new spark plugs, replaced the afm, replaced the throttle position sensor, changed the AFM plug and I'm bloody stumped on what it could be as no changes have happened I'm wondering if it is because I have a auto ecu and my car is a 5 speed manual just looking for suggestions as I dont know what else to do. Cheers

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
check your fuel pressure renenw filter ... restricted exhaust cat may have melted down and blocking exhaust flow ??? check the carbon brush inside the dizzy cap .. coil maybe weak what colour is the spark if you jump it from the lead to the engine block bluiesh or ornage in colour

H

harrop.senator

That 2k wall in a nissan is almost always afm dude its when it comes off base setting. Check your vaultage at afm trigger and ecu. Harnesses are near on 30 years old n could be fighting a gremlin.

30e problems in particular CAS and chopper wheel 9/10 bad running 30s can always flip the bird at the cas. Avoid the fuel miser replacement from memory trident? One was better if you do find yours is bad.
Never owned a manual 31 ecu have owned 3 manual 31s doubt its auto ecu theirs a few wire plug changes dash side and engime bay between the two harnesses holden and nissan but ive used a vl turbo ecu before in a 31. So long story short shouldnt be the computer lol.