Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

34,000km VN, what's it worth ?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
another time capsule VN, someone here bought a similar thing not long ago. look through the my ride section and see if u can find it. might have how much he paid for it

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
another time capsule VN, someone here bought a similar thing not long ago. look through the my ride section and see if u can find it. might have how much he paid for it

6k he paid

B

borked

I'm not interested in breaking the rules of this forum, so consequently, this is not a "For Sale" thread.

I am enquiring as to what it's worth, so I guess if you are interested in purchasing it, what would you pay ?

I'm seeking a ball park figure of what it's value is, and am happy if people are not comfortable enough to express it here, yet desire to PM me.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I'm not interested in breaking the rules of this forum, so consequently, this is not a "For Sale" thread.

I am enquiring as to what it's worth, so I guess if you are interested in purchasing it, what would you pay ?

I'm seeking a ball park figure of what it's value is, and am happy if people are not comfortable enough to express it here, yet desire to PM me.

Post up the VIN :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Hi Borked

It might depend on the car's actual age within the VN model cycle. There were three different V6's in the VN and the first one was a really rough old bag of nails - it sounded coarse and was inclined to vibrate a fair bit, although it would last for ever. The second version from late '89 was a bit better and the third was the VP engine which was quieter and slightly smoother running. This came out late in the VN production run.

Unfortunately, it's only an Exec, which diminishes its appeal. I'd agree with all the comments expressed above. $3k to a dealer who wouldn't give a stuff about its rarity and $5-6 to someone who did.

B

borked

I will endeavour to get the vin number/build date and some pics.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
well the standard insurance value for a vn/vp is $3500.
So worth more then that.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive

Yeah I paid 6g for one with 27,000km in complete unmolested original condition.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vn-vp-vg-vq/95458-my-new-time-capsule-vn.html

There is one on car sales with around 50k on the clock and he wants no less than $10,000
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...8&seot=0&__Nne=15&trecs=24&__sid=11DB955E963E

There is also one on Ebay with just under 20k on the clock with a starting price od $8500
HOLDEN COMMODORE VN "19,163KS"GENUINE LOG BOOKS - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 03-May-09 20:30:00 AEST)

I would say also that it really depends on what someone is willing to pay. I have already had grieve off people on forums for paying $6000 for a VN. But I was willing to pay that much.
On another note the most I could insure mine for was $5750

Dazz

B

borked

Thanks to everyone offering assistance here.
It really is appreciated :)

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
I dont think you can get much of an idea on the car's value by what people are asking for them atm, only what they actually get is relevant, $10000 is dreaming. Yes, ~$3000 is about it

As far as I see it, there is about as much appeal in having a brand new vn today as there would be in uncovering a brand new cassette deck, nobody wants one. The car is uninspiring in shape and a new one does everything so much better. Maybe in 20 years it could bring some value, just as a mint condition ht holden would bring today.