Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

34,000km VN, what's it worth ?

B

borked

Been asked to appraise a VN executive.

It has a/c and power steering.

Interior, engine bay and body are immaculate.

This thing has been garaged ALL of it's life when not being used.

It has not seen a wet road.

The owner wouldn't even take it out on an overcast/cloudy day...

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
$3000.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I don't think you're qualified to give an opinion on that, VLV8 :p

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and there's people out there who will be willing to pay $5000-$6000 for a mint stocker like that. It may not sell straight away, but I guarantee you someone will snap it up for $6k.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I don't think you're qualified to give an opinion on that, VLV8 :p

A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and there's people out there who will be willing to pay $5000-$6000 for a mint stocker like that. It may not sell straight away, but I guarantee you someone will snap it up for $6k.

lol not sure why i wouldn't be....... like you say though it depends on what people want. In a car yard you'd be hard pressed to get a whole lot for it. I'd consider it a waste of a VN when they seem to love being flogged right up until 300000km's with little problem. Being barely broken in it might experience those teething problems we used to hear about when they first came out. I know i couldn't be ****ed dealing with that for an old commodore.

Yes, there would be people willing to pay more, but what would i know - i'm not qualified to comment on old cars.......

B

borked

Being barely broken in it might experience those teething problems we used to hear about when they first came out.
Can you share what those issues may be ?

So, am I in the right place to find said people ?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Shane will take it :p

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Shane will take it :p

I'll second that :p hahaha

borked, I don't think you are. Most people here already have the cars they want, and many of us aren't well off enough to buy an expensive version of an otherwise boring car. And those of us who are - as vlv8 demonstrated - aren't interested.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Can you share what those issues may be ?

i honestly don't remember mate. Usual teething problems with a new run i guess - nothing like the EA of that era though.

In terms of a buyer - i notice you don't have a car right now.....
Honestly, wack it on Ebay - there are always people on there willing to fork out obscene amounts of cash for something they've been looking for for ages. at worst you put a 4 or 5k reserve and pull it if there isn't a bite.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Now I'm gunna have trouble sleeping - how much is it for sale for.....