Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

340 headers on S1 SSVR

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
Have found some 340 headers and cats that have come up for a reasonable price, before committing I wanted to check I'm not wasting my time.
  • Headers are from a Maloo, no issues fitting to a wagon?
  • Has anyone got a video/audio clip on 340 headers paired with hsv mid section with bimodal cans on a 6L
Cheers guys

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
I have ve hsv headers on my s1 wagon with the 2.25 collector,the 340 headers are the same with a 2.5 collector,they will fit no worries.

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
When you say quieter, is that compared to the standard log headers?
Either case, picking up a set with cats for 300 later today. What improvements did you find in changing yours over?
Sorry that was a typo. I meant it will be quieter with the HSV cats, compared to after market hiflow cats.
Better sound slight power and tq increase. But, the major benefit of any exhaust comes after the tune. The stock system is not restrictive with a stock tune .

Last edited:

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I put the 325 headers, cats and 2.25 midsection on my L77 ute. It was marginal (if any) power increase, but with stock mufflers it was still very quiet. I then put on E3 bi- modal mufflers (as the E3 Maloo mufflers fit exactly). I have the bi-modals permanently open and it sounds good but is not loud at all. With the bi-modals closed it is whisper quiet. I then had the standard exhaust tips fitted so that it looks standard (also the alloy HSV tips always look dull).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I predict you'll only fit one, and the other 339 will just be sitting in the garage …

Thankyou, thankyou, try the veal!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I predict you'll only fit one, and the other 339 will just be sitting in the garage …

Thankyou, thankyou, try the veal!
One, or a pair?
The veal is off.