Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 stoker

Heeey!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
hi,
got my engine back from the machiner and all the new parts ready to be fitted, iv got a set of probe forgies, just wondering is there any way to install them coz there isnt any visible marks to go by?
also once the engine is assembled and im ready for it to be tuned is it worth getting tuned b4 my manifold and injector upgrade or am i wasting money ad better off waiting till i can afford the upgrades?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
are you talking about the notches that tell you point towards front?
It probably doesnt matter which way they face.

If you plan on driving between getting manifold i seriously suggest tuning so you dont do damage to it. the running in phase is important tand if its not running right itll not be good when running it in. The tune shouldnt be about making all power now it should just be a safe tune till its bedded in like for 3000klms

Heeey!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
ok kool thanx alot, yea coz i mite hold off the manifold till more cash is available so i beta get the initial tune done, cheers

VKV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
if your pistons have only two valve notches in them the notches go towards the valley of the engine

Last edited: