Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355+turbo....ideas

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was going T-trim, but seeing as countless people go from Vortech to turbo charging rather than going the same route, decided to cut out the middle man and go straight to a single turbo set up.
Would a GT4088 with .70 A/R/ 1.06 A/R (my preference- earlier spool up?)be a good choice or should I go 1.16 on the exhaust side on the street?
Also, I already have a 2 1/2" in/out and a 3" in/out bar/plate FMIC (Twin Active intake (65's- both have 3" inlets). which FMIC should I use???

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
With a 355 I wouldnt worry about lag to much. They are so torquey down low that if you get power straight on down low then it will most likely be unuseable power (max wheel spin!!). The aussie v8 is suppose to bring boost on very quick anyway. So id always go for the bigger option. Make more power that way!! Who are you getting to do the job?

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
AFAIK ashely, spasm on who was on the SC forum was running a 4088 on one of his set ups.
turbo deffinatly seems the way to go though.

nice avatar pic
You like m8?
It's amazing what $200 a fortnight for 2 years gets you. Build the balance up 'till I can afford item #1, balance goes to $0, then work it up to the balance of item #2, etc.....Like I said, I used to feel like the on-going joke at Outlaws...Now they actually talk to me without attitude.:rofl:

With a 355 I wouldnt worry about lag to much. They are so torquey down low that if you get power straight on down low then it will most likely be unuseable power (max wheel spin!!). The aussie v8 is suppose to bring boost on very quick anyway. So id always go for the bigger option. Make more power that way!! Who are you getting to do the job?
Cheers m8. The #4619 Crow has a rev range of 2500-5500 and with the standard T5, I spose I can overcome any "lag" issues, hey?...
1.16 gives more output?? I thought it just came on later? That's the problem- I don't know a lot about alot- I know a little about a little, which can be a pretty dangerous thing...:rofl:
Oh yeah, getting Niell Automotive up in Pt. Augusta do do the machining and assembly/ clearancing and engine dyno run in so it's all ready to go straight up... :)

Last edited:

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK more q's- A 4088 has a .8 A/R (max 800hp)on the intake, why does, say a 3076 with a .7 A/R (max 800hp)have the same output, or does it all depend on engine size, exhaust velocity or strength?
Thinking atm if a Vortechs so expensive, for around the same outlay I could go with 2 turbos (3076's)aswell, depending on how much more for a twin set up exhaust from Proflows'...

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
You think Vortech is expensive, get a quote for a Procharger lol

I like your plans though! :)

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
I hate parasitic losses...I want all the power I can wring out of it...lol. :yeah:

Last edited:

blownCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0
I got somethin for ya guys,
My baby is nearly finished its a bit how do you say show offy but hey thats what its all about aint it!!!
Here is a hint, the new plates came last week.........TT-355........

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
wouldnt think goin 355 and turbo would be cheap...i no c4prce has gone turbo(massive) on his 355 and has pulled an extra 70kwrw than when he had his supercharger on..its great seeing 5lt's being built strong and havin snails put on the sides of them... but as i said i guess u wouldnt see hardly any change from $10k if u put a turbo on

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, decided on going with a pair of TO4Z's .70/1.16. For the price of the manifold(same), doesn't seem any point having just the 1 turbo, when it's not alot more cash for 2...
Looking at 2 in/ 2 out FMICs Now.
Question is piping layout and diameter(Twin Active/65mm TB's)
Reckon I'll sell the Vortech IC/ plumbing and the bracket- luckily I didn't go too far along that track...