Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 VN Group A Replica

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Looking good. Re the coolant cross over. U should have a tee in that line and have a running from the thermostat area.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Love that surge tank, that's now on the top of my list for when I decide to buy one :)

Yeah its a awesome looking tank to. Just check inside before you use them cause i found newspaper in mine that I otherwise didn't know about!

Looking good. Re the coolant cross over. U should have a tee in that line and have a running from the thermostat area.

Yeah I was torn between those two options but adding a line to the front can be done with it on the engine so I just got this in for now. I also though that having a electric water pump also meant Id have allot closer to even flow on both sides then the guys running a mechanical one. Been reading that thread on aussiev8.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
its funny, i have the same elec water pump and was having cooling issues too. my problem was wiring was a bit dodgy.

got hak to hard wire everything.

JCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Just read all of this, nice build. Have you got and more pics of the engine bayfuse box under the kick panel finished? was it hard?

VT Vanders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L 304
AS Mischa said, this week has been all about gathering parts.. I've been ringing around the country ordering parts.. Right now next to me I have a Aussie Desert Street & Strip cooler, 1m of -20 braided hose, a couple of -20 fittings (one straight, one 45*), -20 swivel thermostat housing (Peterson branded, calling around to Rocket, VPW and many other performance places, it seems that there are almost no -20 thermo housings in the country, most are due in from the states in about 2 weeks)..

Tomorrow im heading down to Rocket to get a PWR Lever type radiator cap and a 5 1/8" x 1 1/2" air filter spacer.

Deciding what to do on fans, we use this sort at work on a couple of our cars (see pics below for the one on the buggy), But Mischa wants some shineyness, so maybe just make a sheet metal shroud with 2x14" fans, or 1x18" fan.. Speaking with Norm over at Aussie Desert and he said when making the shroud, make it 30mm deep, and then bolt the fans to the outside of that.. So luckily, either way we go itll be done properly.

397231_10150577696229243_552394242_8845436_1582405299_n.jpg

EDIT: Just read back a couple of comments, The bit about Rocket not having the filter spacer, I went in there and they told me that they could only do spacers between the manifold and the carb/throttle body.. So yesterday I was having a trawl through the rocket book looking for a thermo housing (last minute as usual) and stumbled across the filter spacer..
Hahaaaaa old norm is still at aussie desert coolers. Just got a radiator made up from them myself