Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 VN Group A Replica

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Since when did you own a V8?

I still have the calais head lining out of the wreck if you still want it and possibly a spoiler

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
lookin good mischa! Really lucky to not find any rust at all, and that the body's in good nick! Apart from that, you got alot of bonuses for what you paid for it! Have fun taking all the good bits back out of the v6 now :p

Those are VS covers too, vn - vr had the old style lion on the front cover. Dude i reckon put the front cover back on and leave them, imo they look mad!

Oh what kinda extractors and catback has it got? More detail needed in your description :)

And while you're at it take a vid of the exhaust, i wanna hear it!

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
lol, dan the transfering is going to suck, thats where i invite you over!!! Nice spot on the covers i didnt take much notice, there back on now anyway the front cover was in the pass seat when i got it.

I dont know what extractors they are I havent looked, how can i tell when its all rusted! Ill take them off and paint them. Im not 100% happy with the sound, maybe its cause of the auto? Either way im going to swap it for mine, I love my exhaust!!!

And hayden, ill proberly respray it the exact same colour with a set of black and colour codded bumpers (ive got spares). Even my girlfriend wants the same colour again! Altho that rules out rollors cause they dont have yacht paint in panarama silver! ;) Ill have to practice on some pannels first then put them outside to see how they cope in weather :)

Yeah the wheels and most good stuff will be transfered. As for the power, it gets spinning shifting to second at full throttle ;)

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Manual conversion has begun!

I know a few people that wouldnt mind having this in there boot ;)

Plus a body shot to show you how stright it is :)
20022010140.jpg

The reason theres no brake pedal is cause im cool and i dont need one.... plus i need to replace the clutch spring on the pedal box and all parts places are closed today and im not putting it in just to take it out again :)

oh, if greenfoam see's this ill be chassing you for a tune soon!

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
The T5 is in!

Took the auto out on saturday and put the manual in on sunday, didnt finish tell late but ive never completed a manual conversion in daylight :p

Got a few new parts, clutch kit, clutch cable and clutch fork rubbers.

14032010157.jpg

Had to take the gaurd off to replace it but it also helped getting the gearboxes in and out :D

06032010150.jpg

And then a short clip of my dad turning the car around in the driveway.

Someone spot whats not connected in the video :)

Last edited:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
looking (and sounding) great! I cant wait to see it!!!