Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 VS Ute going to red centre nats

355vscommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore Ute 355 manual
What’s the go with crewman diff?

355vscommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
mini spool + spare set of stock axles..cheap & cheerful,gears will be weak link with traction

full spool or truetrac if narrow diff or decide 31 spline axles down the track or better yet crewman diff

Done a bit of research on the crewman diffs I like the idea but having to shorten the diff is the bit that makes it hard mostly for the axle shortening where I am is pritty remote for those sort of things makes it hard

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah true it's tricky situation...idea is there in case you get serious down the track wanting 31 spline axles,truetrac/full spool or narrow b/w diff cost would be similar if not cheaper to have gone much stronger crewman diff.

Learnt this after putting a vl 4.11 lsd diff together that may end in vp ute.

355vscommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh I think if I was going to change the diff I would just go a 9inch and maybe tub it

355vscommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
So ran out of time to do diff gear change went to centre bats with 308 and t5 go some 245/60r17 nitto 555r tyres which i really rate! i did mini tub it was going to get 275s but could figure out a rim in time so just went with the safe bet as I had a bunch of 17” rims laying around
Best time was 12.2@ 115mph I think I’ll find the slips later
Made 370rwhp on the Dyno on e85 before I left and 415rwhp on baby shot of nos
But the elevation difference was more than I realised and pushed my tune out causing my nos to lean cutoff on gear change so never ended up using it which sucked.
Crossing the line at 6800rpm in 3rd gear
Had a blast

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So ran out of time to do diff gear change went to centre bats with 308 and t5 go some 245/60r17 nitto 555r tyres which i really rate! i did mini tub it was going to get 275s but could figure out a rim in time so just went with the safe bet as I had a bunch of 17” rims laying around
Best time was 12.2@ 115mph I think I’ll find the slips later
Made 370rwhp on the Dyno on e85 before I left and 415rwhp on baby shot of nos
But the elevation difference was more than I realised and pushed my tune out causing my nos to lean cutoff on gear change so never ended up using it which sucked.
Crossing the line at 6800rpm in 3rd gear
Had a blast
Great work.
If you are crossing the line at 6800 in 3rd, then you may not need a diff ratio swap. What is your max engine rpm?

355vscommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
I built it to go 7000 thAts where the cam is spose to make power till
I was being very ginger with gear changes aswell not to blow up the stock T5
The 60 foots where pritty slow I feel anyway my reaction times were **** haha
That’s the only reason I lost the street class 12s and slower competition I got to the semi final and he beat me by 0.017 of a second and both the guys in the finals ran high 12s in the finals because they were both 11s cars that were trying to stay in the 12s class

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I built it to go 7000 thAts where the cam is spose to make power till
I was being very ginger with gear changes aswell not to blow up the stock T5
The 60 foots where pritty slow I feel anyway my reaction times were **** haha
That’s the only reason I lost the street class 12s and slower competition I got to the semi final and he beat me by 0.017 of a second and both the guys in the finals ran high 12s in the finals because they were both 11s cars that were trying to stay in the 12s class
Definitely don't change diff ratio then (unless you are planning taller tyres to go with).
Great work going to semi's.