Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

372 stroker

jayz383

jayz383
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive v8
hi guys just wondering what it took to make the 372 stroker from the 304/308? was/is there a kit or are they just a home made custom set up using chevy and holden parts? just wondering about what they are made up of and why no one talks of them. i have one and its an animal! about to get a full rebuild as i have gt42 turbo an large intercoller ready to go on and want to basicly freshen/modify it first but would be nice to know what to expect before i tear it down. cheers.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Come do a 383. You need to grind away the lower part of the cylinder bores to get clearance. You will hit water and need to plug it up with anything over 355 AFIK. VR onwards blocks can go to 355 with no block mods. Earlier blocks need minor grinding (if you hit water you have gone too far). Never heard of a 372 before.

Reaper

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Come do a 383. You need to grind away the lower part of the cylinder bores to get clearance. You will hit water and need to plug it up with anything over 355 AFIK. VR onwards blocks can go to 355 with no block mods. Earlier blocks need minor grinding (if you hit water you have gone too far). Never heard of a 372 before.

Reaper
383 clearance can be done without hitting water if you get someone who has done it beforem but honestly it's just easier to 1/2 grout fill the block.

jayz383

jayz383
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive v8
all i know is my engine is a 6.1 stroker but the guys that built it no longer have any records and i just want to know whats in there. curiosity i guess cheers.