Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

38 days left for Holden - RIP

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The Aussie car market changed years ago haven't you noticed all the 4 wheel drives on the road? **** the lion go home septic tank you've bleed us dry long enough

You clearly don't live anywhere near the production base, nor do you know people that worked for the company....The effect in the short term around the area with regards to employment is going to be a dramatic downturn.....

Fair call, they might have got a crap load of money out of us tax payers, but alot of that money was re-sourced from the businesses around the area....Now, a lot of those businesses are going to have a down turn in staff, which leads to people being on the dole, trying to be retrained for another field, or finding another job.....Where does that money come from?

So instead of having a stupid rant like this, think about the knock on effect, if you are capable

ShinyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pac Ute
I work at a Holden dealer, you'd never know they were shutting down. Keep dumping new cars off to us and were running out of room fast haha

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I work at a Holden dealer, you'd never know they were shutting down. Keep dumping new cars off to us and were running out of room fast haha
They have to make room in the Elizabeth factory yard somehow (for all the Directors).

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

So what do the deliveries comprise? Only Sports models? Mainly V8's? Evokes? Wagons? Calais?

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
The Aussie car market changed years ago haven't you noticed all the 4 wheel drives on the road? **** the lion go home septic tank you've bleed us dry long enough

yes, lots of wankers in 4WDs and SUVs, very annoying. i guess small people wanna feel big

ShinyVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pac Ute
They have to make room in the Elizabeth factory yard somehow (for all the Directors).
Yeah, every dealer has a certain allotment of cars

So what do the deliveries comprise? Only Sports models? Mainly V8's? Evokes? Wagons? Calais?

A bit of everything really, 6's, 8's motorsports, gtsr's, a **** tonne of captiva's

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Our local dealer seems to be well stocked with SS sedans and SV6's, but I can't recall any Evokes last time I was there a month ago. No Malibu's either but I don't know if they are even bothering with those things anymore as it was replaced some months ago. And Evokes are pretty thin on the roads too. It seems that nobody wants them except government departments.