Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

38 days left for Holden - RIP

Zhac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Gen III M6
I also work at a Holden and HSV dealership and it's the same deal haha. A lot of the more stickered-up, slightly special 8's seem to be coming in like the SS Motorsports and Magnum Utes. We even sold a W1 about 2 weeks ago (thing was so mint!). For some reason there is a **** tonne of Astras, Barinas and Trax's filling our yard up too.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I work at a Holden dealer, you'd never know they were shutting down. Keep dumping new cars off to us and were running out of room fast haha
I like that idea, if I was in charge at Holden I'd be pumping out cars like never before up to the last day.

Agree, send the useless pollies half way to the US and make them swim the rest, they seem to think we are part of the US already so they should enjoy it.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Our local dealer seems to be well stocked with SS sedans and SV6's, but I can't recall any Evokes last time I was there a month ago. No Malibu's either but I don't know if they are even bothering with those things anymore as it was replaced some months ago. And Evokes are pretty thin on the roads too. It seems that nobody wants them except government departments.

yep SA police has ordered a heap before closure, they will run the new commodore but need stock for the transition period

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I was surprised this morning to see an ad on TV for the SV6 at $39990 drivevaway.

I was surprised because I haven't seen a Commodore advert for months and this close to the closure, I thought they wouldn't bother anymore.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I was surprised this morning to see an ad on TV for the SV6 at $39990 drivevaway.

I was surprised because I haven't seen a Commodore advert for months and this close to the closure, I thought they wouldn't bother anymore.

I suspect that the market is different for the V6s and the V8s. If I were a 6 cylinder buyer, or a run of the mill car buyer, I'd probably be more interested in the new model that is coming. Therefore there might be excess stock of the V6s that need moving. I imagine that when the new model arrives, and there is old stock of the VF V6s sitting in the yard, it'll be hard to move the old V6 stock.

I suspect that the V8s are selling relatively well at the moment as there is no direct replacement on the horizon.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Yeah i noticed that Ad too, seems they have dropped the Commodores are for "old bogans" campaign that they had been running earlier. You know the one " I just don't want a car like my dad's"

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yeah, it could be that sales of V6 models have slowed to the point where unsold stock is building up beyond what is desirable. A bit of an ad campaign to boost the sales rate and clear slow moving stock I guess.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Now down to 25 days, after 68 years and 10 months. Things just won't be the same for Holden aficionados like me who have lived and loved the brand since learning to drive nearly 50 years ago.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yeah, it could be that sales of V6 models have slowed to the point where unsold stock is building up beyond what is desirable. A bit of an ad campaign to boost the sales rate and clear slow moving stock I guess.

In my home town , the dealership has a lot packed to the brim with SS, and Motorsport editions , all pre-sold , and a shirt load of Colorado utes , the biggest seller by far I am told .