Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

383 Project

Rabbit383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Name: RaBBiT
Model: 1995 Series 1 Berlina
Colour: Genisis Blue
Bodykit: Standard, with ss bezels, Calais grills
Power: 300rwkw roughly
Engine Type: 383 6.3L v8
Engine Mods: Solid cam, 383 stroke, bunch of other goodies to go fast
Exhaust: Pacemaker headers, twin 2'1/2 inch stainless exhaust , twin cat, twin hot dog
Gearbox: t400 full manual
Diff: Rebuilt LSD, 3.9 gear ratio
Brakes: VT Calipers front, slotted rotors front 296. front and rear calipers painted red
Suspension: Pedders big bore short shocks all round, Pedders Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms with new bushes, new nothane bushes on front, Pedders Front Bearing Plates and Rubber Top Mounts, Pedders On Car Adjustable Panhard Rod, king super low fronts, kings super low rears, Whiteline strut brace, Whiteline ajustable sway bar
Wheels/Tyres: round ones
Interior: VS Senator seats front/rear, B&M Pro ratchet, Autometer guages
Stereo: Nothing
Build Period: 10 plus years
Cost: too much
Other Mods: New taillights genuine, ss foglights, Tint, debaged, Depo ADR Aproved Clear headlights, , VDO Speedo corrector, Calais boot carpet,
Future Mods: Respray,

Started life as a grandpa v6 roughly 130 000k's , the ecojet was poorly serviced by the first owner so the bottom end craped out on me. Slapped a vs clubby v8 in, did some skids, then i bought a vn which had a 383. I ripped out the motor and started the swap. got married and had a kid so i never finished it. Car sat for almost 10 years.

its 2021 and the spark is back. Time to finish what i stared and finally have a weekender cruzer. Will upload more pictures tomorrow

IMG_0007.png

383 on stand.jpg

daylight2021.jpg

Last edited:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
cant just tease us and dip like that

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
@Rabbit383 I've got your base tune done to run the engine up again before a full tune.

Keen to hear this thing run again.

StrokedLyfe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS S2
nice mate nice... wish you all the best with this project... would love to see some more pics and if we lucky a vid of when she starts... :D

Rabbit383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Cheers all.

Its gonna be slow but we will get there. Since having it back at my place i have just started cleaning up the interior. Apparently i thought it would be kool to have a complete black interior. Well thats was dumb lol. I cleaned up a carpet up from another vs i own (parts car), replaced the dash as i had dual airbag, with the horrendous airbag lift. bought a ss lip kit and started hacking up a shifter surround for the b&m shifter.

vs interior1.jpg
interior2.jpg

carpetin.jpg
interior3.jpg
sslip1.jpg
sslip2.jpg
b&m.jpg

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Get a dropbox to sink shifter down in to console..then only shifter lever pokes out the slot.

If really game can cut reverse lever off the reweld to be in line with shifter almoost no cutting of shifter cover if done right...keeps interior looking stock.

Just noticed it's got senator seats.Noice!!!!