Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

383 Project

Rabbit383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Get a dropbox to sink shifter down in to console..then only shifter lever pokes out the slot.

If really game can cut reverse lever off the reweld to be in line with shifter almoost no cutting of shifter cover if done right...keeps interior looking stock.

Just noticed it's got senator seats.Noice!!!!

cheers mate. nah i like the late 90's early 2000's look of the exposed shifter surround that every vn-vs had back then. To me its tuff and simple.

Rabbit383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
So someguy360 came round and helped moved the vs to a better undercover location, (dont have a shed) doesnt get much more ghetto than this. he complied a list and got a v6 accelerator cable plugged up. so making progress.

You also may want to upgrade your master cylinder to a later model one at some stage too.
VZ HSV master/booster on my VR

yeah its on the list to do. will do braided lines, but right now just trying to get it fired up then work from there.

stands 2.jpg

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
TTPYoBV.jpg

l6XWDRf.jpg

Started work with Rabbit yesterday on this one.

Hooked up a full working 304 ignition system that we know works as I want the engine to fire off first pop and the Crane Fireball system that the engine used to run on has been sitting exposed to the elements for a while so figured lets get this thing running with the stock ignition system just to idle it for a bit and set valve lash on the solid cam then swap it back over for the crane system.

Picked up a V6 throttle cable and made a small mount for it to the throttle body the same as I did on my VR and started running through the factory V8 wiring harness to work out what connectors need to be extended etc to the high rise for sensors etc.

Slowly ticking off the boxes, hoping to have the engine fired off reasonably soon then once we know everything is healthy move onto the rest of the driveline and interior.

Rabbit383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Great to see other helping out as in hands on help.
A second set of eyes/hands can work miracles at times.
Car is coming along nicely, keep it up guys.....

Absolutely.

i think just having a group of mates help's motivate the whole project. But its still a long road ahead.

Rabbit383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Ok I've been a slacker lol. Been buying and selling like crazy lately. Bought a few dress up goodies, plus a new throttle body. i also decided to move the fuse panel to behind the glove box somewhere. And since im not gonna run a heater or ac i pulled out the HVAC . what a mission that was but wow it open up a tonne of space

IMG20210602170710.jpg

IMG20210618125517.jpg

IMG20210618172813.jpg

IMG20210606181807.jpg

IMG20210625153336.jpg

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Keep the plastic ducting that vents to windscreen...there will be 2 square ducts ponting down in middle...jam 2 bilge blowers in there & connect to old power wire for blower fan. Demister for rego!!!

I used 2 of these bilge blowers from whitworth...decent flow although don't expect much other than passing rego inspection.

https://www.whitworths.com.au/rule-12v-turbo-bilge-blower-3

Eventually want to do same battery in boot & all fuse box etc under dash/glovebox area...only hidden engine/ecu harness on vp ute but looks heaps neater than factory....headlight wiring & hiding bonnet cable look like main things to be pita.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Demister for rego!!!

SA ftw, he doesn't have to worry about that.

No inspections/roadworthies here, you can take a car thats been sitting in a field for 20 years and slap some rego on it in 5 mins if you have the right paperwork.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Killing me!!!!

Big crackdown last year on rego inspectors over here..quite a few got suspended & heaps of heavily modified cars ran out of rego as they were too scared to pass them even with engineers report.