Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3rd Row / Dickie Seats

Kimi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
I have done a fairly comprehensive search of the forum, and I have either missed it or its not there.

We have an rapidly expanding brood, and need to look at seating options.

Can you get a 3rd row / dickie seats for an 02 VX acclaim wagon?
Are they easy to install, or do they require professional installation?
Do they require a modplate in qld?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
not to sure if you can but it will cost an arm and a leg to get them installed as they have to be engineered to fit!!! if not it literally will cost an arm and a leg..

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
My VT Acclaim wagon had the mounting points from new, ie the holes were there with blanking plugs in them. The previous owner fitted the third row seats and took them out again when he sold the car. My guess would be that your VX would have the mounting points under the cargo area carpet. If they are there, it is just a matter of finding a seat (ebay or similar) and bolting it in. If your car has the original mounting points, engineering is not needed as GMH has already done it for you. You are looking at steep prices for a new seat ......... Here's a couple on ebay. delivery costs would be a consideration. I sold a ford 3rd row seat last year, delivery to Tamworth was about $120 from Sydney. The first one is out of a VX and has all brackets and all but 2 of the bolts. The second one I listed also has all the brackets etc for fitting. Keep in mind that the mounting bolts are all high tensile steel and can only be replaced with the same spec bolts

third row seat commodore wagon, Cars, Bikes, Boats items at low prices on eBay.com.au

DICKIE SEAT,,THIRD ROW FOR HOLDEN STATION WAGON (eBay item 220729281261 end time 29-Jan-11 16:25:56 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

I asked the seller in Melbourne if he would prepare the seat for a courier and he is OK with that provided you organise said courier.

Last edited:

horselover83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2006
We have a VZ 2007 Holden Commodore acclaim wagon.
We got a 3rd row put in it about 2 years ago by retro seating Brisbane there number is 1800631144.
We paid about $2700 for retro seating to put them in our car, as your Vehicle will need to meet Australian compliance standards.
If you get a certified person to put them in your vehicle they will do all this and put a compliance plate on your vehicle to make it legal.
They are great we now have 8 seats car in our car and we still have room in the boot for a pram or the shopping.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
We have a VZ 2007 Holden Commodore acclaim wagon.
We got a 3rd row put in it about 2 years ago by retro seating Brisbane there number is 1800631144.
We paid about $2700 for retro seating to put them in our car, as your Vehicle will need to meet Australian compliance standards.
If you get a certified person to put them in your vehicle they will do all this and put a compliance plate on your vehicle to make it legal.
They are great we now have 8 seats car in our car and we still have room in the boot for a pram or the shopping.

My dad got them put in our VK wagon back in 1992. From memory It cost $700 and that included the engineering/certification. Obviously gone up a fair bit in 20 years!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute and VX wagon
I had a single 3rd row seat profesionaly installed in my vx wagon. It required holes to be drilled and the seating capacity plate changed to reflect that it was legal to carry 6. These seats are by design a booster seat and are only for children aged 6-12yo. they dont require additional harnesses or restraints but they canot accommodate teenagers as their shoulders sit above the seat belt mounts. A great solution if like us your eldest is 6 and you have 3 others. As each child outgrows the seat you can move them forward to the 2nd row and a younger child can move back. If you can afford it go for 2 seats even if you only need one! The kids fighting over who gets to sit in the back can be frustrating. 2 singles fold up against the sides of the car and can give you back your floor space if needed. Most doubles/triples fold completely down and roll forward which doesn't give you as much space and removes all third row seating so it makes camping or large shopping a pain! Also take note if you have a cargo barrier like me you will have to remove this as its not legal to cage your child in the back so forget about floor to celing cargo loading.(all cargo must sit below the level of the 2nd row