Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4.2ltr L67

JKIDD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs/Vr L67
Hi guys, ive got a T5 Vs and im dropping a 4.2ltr(stroked) L67 in to it, its running a Stage 2 Crow cam (full kit. valves, springs, double row timing chain ect.) Its running a 14Psi pulley with an AirToAir intercooler kit. ive got a hi flow Fuel pump and 80lb injectors from race works, K&N pod filter, bigger throttle body (cold air intake kit), Full High voltage ignition kit plus some custom pacemaker extractors going in to a 3inch outlet.

what sort of rear wheel power does everyone think its gonna make?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't know how much it will make but you are running yourself short with all that work and then only using a 14psi/3.0" pulley. At this level it probably isn't good to talk about pulley sizes in terms of boost pressure but rather it's diameter. With a modded engine the boost pressure the supercharger will produce will change, if you were to run a 10psi pulley on a stock motor and then change the cam the engine will make more power but will see less boost because boost is just a measure of restriction on the intake side of the engine. With the cam upgrade you have increased the efficiency of the engine, or it's ability to move air through the engine. A engine is just a big air pump after all...

With all the mods you are doing I would be running the smallest pulley possible and even then the M90 is really going to be on the small side for a 4.2L motor.

JKIDD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs/Vr L67
Yeah, so im going to most likely run a whipple eventually, one of the yella terra ones, or have the shaft machined and chuck a 20psi pulley on it with porting. But that will be later down the track, at the moment im just getting it to a point that I can drive it and get it tuned, and see what it makes at this point in time.

JKIDD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs/Vr L67
I have had the super charger fully rebuilt as well.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
14psi on a standard cam I would think you might drop as a guess to 10psi.
it might make 130rwkw we'll be generous and say 150rwkw N/A. So I'm guessing 230-50rwkw

JKIDD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs/Vr L67
once ive got it tuned ill post a figure, just wanted to see every ones guesses before I get it done. im hoping for at least 300's ive spoken to a few local tune shops and they are hoping to see 320-350. But we will see I guess. might have to change a few things later down the track.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
once ive got it tuned ill post a figure, just wanted to see every ones guesses before I get it done. im hoping for at least 300's ive spoken to a few local tune shops and they are hoping to see 320-350. But we will see I guess. might have to change a few things later down the track.
350rwkw is about 380-90kw flywheel that's a fair amount of power.

JKIDD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs/Vr L67
considering the fact that intercooling a stock l67 alone ups the out put by atleast 50-60kw, I think it should be alright.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
considering the fact that intercooling a stock l67 alone ups the out put by atleast 50-60kw, I think it should be alright.

Tuning does that, in addition to the intercooler. It would still make more power even without the intercooler.

Last edited:

JKIDD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs/Vr L67
rebuilt LSD and full rebuild of gear box as well