Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4.2ltr Stroker V6

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
i have seen Holden007 talk of this 4.2 ltr stroker and i have a couple of questions as i am very interested...

approximate cost of a ready done motor?

approximate cost of stroker kit itself (if widely available)?

around about how much power would you gain?

has this been done very much?

also if there are any places in WA that would have done this, please let me know.

cheers in advance

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
check out COME RACING site , should give ya the info your after :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
4.2 litre Stroker short motors in stock. Blower/Turbo version sold outright $6500.00 delivered.

4.2 litre Stroker short motors in stock. Normally aspirated 210kw sold outright $4500.00 delivered.

Ecotec S.T-3 ported cylinder heads...flow over 460 bhp complete fully assembled with COME conical springs and chrome moly retainers, bronze valve guides, 3 angle valve job...$1995.00 the pair outright. ideal for either normally aspirated or blower/turbo short blocks.

S.T-3 4.2 Stroker engine (180-210kw) your choice of power level is $8800.00 fully built and dyno run in from a complete stock 3.8 engine you supply to build. This is a normally aspirated engine.

"New! Announcing the off the shelf availability of our latest product line. We now have 4.2 litre Stroker kits and engine packages for earlier V6 Holden Commodore engines. Covering all Series 11 VN engines, VP and VR. In fact any of these models with "8" bolt flywheel flanges are covered by our awesome stroker kits. Our normally aspirated kits are $2530.00 fully balanced including our nodular 3.7" stroker crank, 4340 steel "I" beam custom conrods and cast hyperuetectic pistons. As with our popular Ecotec kits we also have custom boost kits to suit blower/turbo applications for these earlier engines including custom Wiseco forged pistons and 4340 steel "H" beam rods designed for boost levels to at least 20psi."

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
cheers for the info guys

just wondering if freight to WA would be a b!tch or not... hrmmm

keep the info coming guys :yeah:

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
they freight em over,

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
VR_Project said:
i have seen Holden007 talk of this 4.2 ltr stroker and i have a couple of questions as i am very interested...

approximate cost of a ready done motor?

approximate cost of stroker kit itself (if widely available)?

around about how much power would you gain?

has this been done very much?

also if there are any places in WA that would have done this, please let me know.

cheers in advance

Hopefully I'll be going with the turbo, also want to upgrade to heavy duty manual and diff, so I dont blow things apart. Good computer and intercooler, and it'll be sweet:w00t:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
VR_Project said:
cheers for the info guys

just wondering if freight to WA would be a b!tch or not... hrmmm

keep the info coming guys :yeah:

cost of freight is included in those prices given...
also in respect to one of your other questions, about how much power is gained....its not the power you should get excited about, its the increase in torque! thats the stuff that gets you up and going mate.

VR_Project

Reaction score
Members Ride
MWS Improved VS Ute
1991_Vn2nV said:
Announcing the off the shelf availability of our latest product line. We now have 4.2 litre Stroker kits and engine packages for earlier V6 Holden Commodore engines. Covering all Series 11 VN engines, VP and VR. In fact any of these models with "8" bolt flywheel flanges are covered by our awesome stroker kits. Our normally aspirated kits are $2530.00 fully balanced including our nodular 3.7" stroker crank, 4340 steel "I" beam custom conrods and cast hyperuetectic pistons. As with our popular Ecotec kits we also have custom boost kits to suit blower/turbo applications for these earlier engines including custom Wiseco forged pistons and 4340 steel "H" beam rods designed for boost levels to at least 20psi."

ok so im interested in possibly getting the "custom boost kit to suit blower/turbo applications" but if i were i wouldnt be able to afford the supercharger straight away. would it make much difference stroking the motor with this kit and leaving it normally aspirated for a while? if it will then i am considering just staying with the normally aspirated version...

please help me dr phil!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
seriously, its not a great idea to try run an engine built for forced induction, without forced induction...
its really better to do it all at once, not saying you cant do what your saying...but its not the greatest idea. one of the biggest problems is that the forged pistons used have a low compression, to accomodate for boost, which you wouldnt have, which would make it run pretty crap.
i wouldnt do it, but its not me we're talking about.