Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4 months and it still isnt working

dijm8

What You Looking At
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS3
their could be a small chance its your house. you could have "dirty power" where its drops out in voltage everynow and then...another suggestion would to be get a surge board (a decent one with the lights for fault/protection on it) and see how you go

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
another suggestion would to be get a surge board (a decent one with the lights for fault/protection on it) and see how you go
spent $150 on one and did nothing to help

yeah im wondering if its the house... have to check somehow

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
also windows wont update... it will say its installing them but then at the end it give me an error code: 8E5E0147
any ideas?? i googled it but a system restore wont fix it

666damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V MY09 (60th Anniversary)
Hey,

Sorry to hear about your PC problems.

I've seen PCs refuse to start up many times before, and about 75% of the time it ended up being a dodgy USB device.
After unplugging any USB mice, keyboards, printers etc. try starting it up.
If it starts OK, then shut it down and start deducing what is causing the problem.

My money's on the mouse.

Damo

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
My money's on the mouse.
well i did have a dodgy mouse but it didnt seem to affect it... but i went and bought a new one and 5 mins after i plugged it in started a game and it died... go figure lol but itll sit there doing nothing fine... you gotta put it under load to crash it

666damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V MY09 (60th Anniversary)
I think i misunderstood your problem.

If it crashes under load, then I'd be looking for a heat dissipation problem, or cpu / memory voltages being set too low.

Try running a couple of torture tests to start off:
  1. Download Prime95 and install.
  2. Run Prime95, click 'just stress testing'.
  3. Click 'Options' -> 'Torture Test'.
  4. Choose 'small ffts' and click OK.
  5. Allow to run overnight.
  6. Check for errors.
  7. Repeat above choosing 'blend' for the test type.

Checking for errors:

Prime95 should continue to run tests until you stop it OR until an error is detected.
If an error is detected, check the log (displayed automatically) for messages like "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected 0.4" AND/OR "Hardware Failure Detected..."

If you see the above errors with Prime95, then it indicates a hardware problem (like cooling or voltage)

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Damo

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah ran both of those tests for at least 8 hrs each without any problems... im starting to think it must be the house or something like that cause i havent had a problem all week now

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
so ive got it back home now and its messed up... day before i left melbourne it updated windows and after that it kept crashing... got it home and decided to load windows 7 onto it and its even worse now
so seeing as it was screwed in melbourne im geussing its not the power and now a problem with reading the hard drive... gonna try new cpu and ram and hopefully that gets me going

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Have you plugged a power lead into your video card? (if it requires one) I was putting a PC together and couldn't work out why the games would crash, was because I forgot the power cable direct to the card itself.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Have you plugged a power lead into your video card? (if it requires one) I was putting a PC together and couldn't work out why the games would crash, was because I forgot the power cable direct to the card itself.
yeah its got 2 running to it... ill double check all the power cords but it was happening before the new video card