Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4 months and it still isnt working

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
so i just installed a new motherboard (Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3) and new processor (3.4GHz i7) with 8Gb of ram as well. Also running a Gigabyte HD6870 and a 500W power supply although it says on the side its max output would be 600W (dunno which one is how its rated)... computer was running fine but then after playing a few games of starcraft 2 it shut down and then kept doing it more and more regularly

I've found that it shuts down when it gets to over 50 degrees (not sure how far over but its under 60 degrees). I've tried playing with the fan and all to keep it cooler but i dont seem to be able to get the CPU fan to go over about 1900rpm... anyone have any idea if this temp would usually cause this?? i had an old dual core that used to run in the high 60's without a problem

Also are there any "aftermarket" cooling options that would help?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
We had a similar videocard power issue with my kids pc he got a free 2nd hand radeon 4850 and we decided to install it when he lost his cheap chinese power supply it needed a 6 pin pci-e plug so we bought a new power supply but it wasn't powerful enough (was rated at 400w but wasn't actually making 400w and 18v at the rail), took it back and got a thermaltake 700w power supply and it was all sorted. This was a fresh install of xp 64 bit as well.

Theres heaps of aftermarket heatsinks and cooling fans that are much better than the standard ones.