Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

454 senator

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
hey,
Just joined , names Mick and my rides a

Hsv e1 senator have a few mods done and they are

Engine: 454ci ls2 , darton midsleeves, callies 4.125 crank, callies rods, wiseco 4.185 pistons , cnc ls3 heads 2.180 x 1.6 custom valves, 239/254 114+3 cam, ls3 rockers arms with comp trunions, Btr dual spring with titanium locks and retaiiners, morel tie bar lifters, fast 65lb injectors, triple walbro fuel pumps with return line and regulator , ls3 ported intake , ls2 ported throttle body, ati harmonic balancer, gm water pump, mellings oil pump, teknica catch can

transmission : 6l80e with alto clutches and steels, billets shafts, billet planetary , upgraded pump, 2600rpm quad clutch converter, trans cooler 001.jpg006.JPGimage (1).jpg

exhaust: 17/8 hurricane extractors, 100 cpi cats, 3" cat back, varex mufflers

tunes: standard stereo and speakers, 1000watt amp, twin kickers

interior: standard

exterior: standard

suspension: custom bilsteins, whiteline and oem bushes thru out, front and rear whiteline swaybars

rubber: 255/40/19 front 285/35/19 rear ku36 all round

other mods: front diffuser , full underbody tray, rear diffuser, dynamat soundproofing to transmission well firewall and behind rear seats, spray on sound proofing entire underbody

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah... but does she go mate? :yarr:

Welcome, why LS3 rocker geometry?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Sounds like a beast.

This thread is useless without engine bay pics :)

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
hey guys ,
yeh pir4te its been known to get up an haul ass, pulls hard all the way , I love it. ls3 rocker arms with trunion kit is super realiable, Pull down a ls2, ls3 after its cranked out 150,000 plus ks and suss the rockers, they will look brand new. There's absolutely no justification to splash on some rollers.
Hey Vr senator, yeh sounds like a plan , how many are getting round that you know of? What are ya ITB;s like ? Im guessin great throttle response and mayb 40 hp.
Someguy360 I hvnt thought of takin a pic of engine bay, its pretty boring , looks like an 6.0l ls2 , oh its has a catch can lol. Don't go for bling , go for the 200mph tho

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
And rwkw and more importantly rear wheel torque figures.
sounds like traction issues in 1st 2nd and 3rd.
Standard auto diff ratio?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yep engine bay pics would be good sounds like an animal..!

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
cvn_084319.jpg
Traction issues every gear. I wasn't going for dyno numbers or 1/4 mile times. Its set for track days and the reefton spur. I'm working on the underbody atm , i've tested the front diffuser and that works really well and the rest , middle section and rear diffuser are at plastic welders now so im hoping for 700+kg of downforce at 104kmh.
I'll post some engine pics later in the week for people who hvnt seen what an ls2 looks like, I've just finished running it in so engines out , its getting the once over then straight back in . No issues with it , having a look coz theres not many darton midsleeves out there atm and just making sure alls good
From the outside ,even engine bay, everything looks as it came off showroom floor, the only things that visually you can pick is trans cooler,catch can, , maybe exhaust tips made em myself outta 90mm pipe underbody tray, and if ya open the boot, twin kickers

454 senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv ve e1 senator
standard hsv diff ratio, I do a few road trips and didn't want to be doin 3000rpm at 100kmh

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Where did you get the engine from? I'm interested in building something similar myself. Where did you get the tuning etc done?