Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

46.5 litres 360 km

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
SlickHolden said:
You only stick 46.5 litres in it? Is there something wrong with your tank?

My average now is 66-70 litres getting me last 3 tanks.. 455km-478km-430km, 1st tank 80% local 20% freeway, 2nd tank 75% local 25% Freeway, 3rd 95% Local 5% freeway. I'm still pretty happy with it. I don't drive miss Daisy:D

The VN VP tanks are only 63L tanks man... You must have a long range tank in your car (as in a V8 tank).

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
i beleive some of the 6 wagons came out with long range tanks
i put 40-45 lt's a week in mine and i do approx 250-300 or somwhere round there, if it gets wet i use a lot of fuel, but i dont seem to get anywhere any faster, funny that

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
haha i have had the same problem the past few days:)

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I'm doing roughly 90 k's per day for the next 7 days and have just filled up today so I'll post my usage up in a week, 95% city driving and running 98 octane fuel...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
coolvncommodore said:
SlickHolden said:
You only stick 46.5 litres in it? Is there something wrong with your tank?

I only stuck 46.5 litres in because i still had over 1/4 tank petrol left. I heard that the fuel prices were going up so i filled her up. And the next day petrol went up 10c a litre haha.

I ussaly stick the medium petrol in if that makes sense. I think its 95 octane. Sometimes put in 98 if im feeling rich or going for a long drive to the coast. I get my fuel at caltax most of the time because its just down the road. What do other people think about caltex???
OH :D i see now. Thats great economy.
I would love to use 95 again i only go to caltex it's about 10min walk from here so it's 1-2 min drive it's perfect and ANZ ATM's are there so it's all in 1 go for me now. But i haven't ran 95 since july last year:(
1991_Vn2nV said:
The VN VP tanks are only 63L tanks man... You must have a long range tank in your car (as in a V8 tank).
It's been something that has really confused me this tank size, It doesn't look large like the V8 tanks but it does have a dint under it, It's not original i know that they changed it before i got it because it had broken the neck, The bloke who owned my car had a VR Statesman V8 maybe he used a spare from that or something?. But it just doesn't seem large?? I wish they had a marking on it.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Post a couple of pictures of the tank if you want to know which one it is

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
PaRaDoX616 said:
lol stop whinning, i strugle to get 350 from 55L, i suspect the fuel filter is the culprate, hoping to have gas fitted in the next 2 months :)

Change the fuel filter! 2 screws and its off and they only cost 10 bucks! :)
I often wonder how many VN's out there are running slow because of little things like this that are supposed to be changed often and maybe haven't been for a very very long time

modcon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VN 3.8 / VP 3.8
New Zealand Conditions

I just changed my motor from a Series 1 to a series 2, done oil change, new leads, new spark plugs, and put some castor oil in with my petrol to lube the insides, filled my tank (60ltr) with 96, drove 670kms before I had to refull.

muggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exc.
coolvncommodore said:
Last week i filled up my tank and drove 360km and refilled. I could put 46.5 litres in her. Does this sound normal? It seems high to me. How can i convert that into Litres per 100km? What is the average people are getting around here? Im realy feeling these high petrol prices and it doesnt look the prices are going down:(

VP executive sedan with auto, CAI & K&N filter and 2 ¼ sports exhaust.

klms 199850.
351 ks @ 34.39 litres for average 9.797 per 100ks.
160 klms highway driving balance town driving.
works out at 10ks per litre.