Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

470kW LS9 Commodore is happening.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i think it's a sign of the times when local production is about to cease because the cars being built here are less and less relevant to an increasing percentage of buyers but the final year of production sees an emphasis on cars that are even more irrelevant.

Would i, a true lover of holdens, buy one? Nope.

but then i wouldn't spend that sort of money on any car. Even if it was affordable.

wtf???????

they'll be half price in a few years.

Betchya a slab they won't unless there is something wrong with it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo GXP
Its a cool last hurrah, but the W427 production numbers were slashed when they were hard to sell, granted they're aiming to build an even smaller number of these but they're not exactly a car of the times, which is part of the reason Aussie car manufacturing is dying out. There's that many brand new VF GTS's already sitting in dealer lots with no one wanting to buy them. I cant see these being any different, end of the day its just a Commodore as well, and if you've got $160,000+ to spend on a car I cant see many people walking past Jaguar, Audi, Merc, BMW, etc. and buying a Commodore, hell if you've got that sort of money to spend on a car you probably have even more, which opens up Aston, Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, an actual LS9 Corvette, etc. Its cool and all, just seems like a hard sell for a ridiculous price.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its a cool last hurrah, but the W427 production numbers were slashed when they were hard to sell, granted they're aiming to build an even smaller number of these but they're not exactly a car of the times, which is part of the reason Aussie car manufacturing is dying out. There's that many brand new VF GTS's already sitting in dealer lots with no one wanting to buy them. I cant see these being any different, end of the day its just a Commodore as well, and if you've got $160,000+ to spend on a car I cant see many people walking past Jaguar, Audi, Merc, BMW, etc. and buying a Commodore, hell if you've got that sort of money to spend on a car you probably have even more, which opens up Aston, Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, an actual LS9 Corvette, etc. Its cool and all, just seems like a hard sell for a ridiculous price.

Go buy another Australian built hotrod post 2017. It will sell (is sold). TBH I can't think of a single person on this forum who is in the demographic for which the car is aimed at.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo GXP
Go buy another Australian built hotrod post 2017. It will sell (is sold). TBH I can't think of a single person on this forum who is in the demographic for which the car is aimed at.

Australian built doesn't mean anything to me, they're just cheap because they're made here, thats the benefit to me. Fact is they still run all American drivelines, hell before the VE Commodores were just a German body with an American driveline pieced together here..."Aussie built". Even the last hurrah, hero car, go out with a big bang car is just a matter of jamming a big S/C crate motor in there.

People will buy them, and good for them, but personally and as many others have said I wouldn't spend 160k on what is end of the day just a tarted up Commodore.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Australian built doesn't mean anything to me, they're just cheap because they're made here, thats the benefit to me. Fact is they still run all American drivelines, hell before the VE Commodores were just a German body with an American driveline pieced together here..."Aussie built". Even the last hurrah, hero car, go out with a big bang car is just a matter of jamming a big S/C crate motor in there.

People will buy them, and good for them, but personally and as many others have said I wouldn't spend 160k on what is end of the day just a tarted up Commodore.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think this is a bit narrow minded. The C63 also starts out as a base model vehicle for Mercedes before being manipulated by AMG.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Precisely... Cashed up bogans are stupid though. They'll buy em.
I resent that remark of stupidity, but yes I would.
I thought everyone on this forum was in the demographic (just not cashed up for it)

In all honesty, If I won the lottery, I would still be in my current mindset of 'commodore' 'last huurah' 'local built(assembled)' 'aussie pride' blah blah, but be cashed up to buy it.
If it was ten+ years from now and I had an income that supported the possibility of buying one, I doubt I would look at buying one.

And on a side note: Bogans (aka westies) are a proud people in NZ. Aussie's seem to think of them as a lower class in the land of the foot-thong. But not so here in NZ.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
And on a side note: Bogans (aka westies) are a proud people in NZ. Aussie's seem to think of them as a lower class in the land of the foot-thong. But not so here in NZ.

Nah, most of the hate comes from those in denial, it's like homophobia. All I can say is cashed up bogans make Hamilton Island go round and most Aussie motorsport events from Brashernats to Supercars. What they prove is you don't have to be a total cock if you have lots of liquid.

Regardless of whatever this car represents, I'll still be up to my elbows in it's predecessors til my death bed, Halle####inglujah.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Thought - W427 has depreciated by 50% in what - 10 years ?

Most cars depreciate 50% by driving them off the lot.

The W427 has done alright - and I bet it's value will skyrocket over coming years.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought - W427 has depreciated by 50% in what - 10 years ?

Most cars depreciate 50% by driving them off the lot.

The W427 has done alright - and I bet it's value will skyrocket over coming years.

5 W427's currently for sale that I could find have asking prices of $85k (138k), $109k, $130k, $108k and $150k. All well above 50% of their original $155k list price.