Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4ch Amp question?

scott's ass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
Hey just pulled my stereo out of my old VH and put it in my new VN, was just wondering how the channels work on my amp? I have a 4 channel boss amp that runs my splits and 6x9s, the way i did it when i put it all together was: first two channels for front left (channel one) and front right (channel 2) and the same for the back (rear left channel 3 and rear right channel 4). does it matter where the speaker cables go or not? If so where should i put them? I pulled the stereo out of the VH and put it in the VN about a month later so i forgot what it was like on the VH... anyways any input would be sweet thanx.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Just make sure the correct channel from the H/U, matches up to the correct input on the amp, and that the correct input goes to the correct speaker. fairly straight-forward as most amp's have signage on them to tell whats what. The RCA preouts on the back of the H/U should also be labelled, if not its a matter of trial and error by playing around with the balance and fade.

scott's ass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
yeah it all works just sounds different to before was just wondering if the channels matter, the rca coming into the amp are bridged with another amp for the sub. all the cables from the speakers go into the 4 channel amp.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
scott's ass said:
the rca coming into the amp are bridged with another amp for the sub.

This doesnt make sense? Are you saying your powering the sub amp with the 4ch amp?? as that would not work.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
no, he means the RCA is split so he can run 2 amps off 1 set of preouts

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
semi said:
no, he means the RCA is split so he can run 2 amps off 1 set of preouts

I dont know how you interpreted that but then yes that setup would be fine.

Scott, just make sure the rear RCA channels are the ones being split for the sub

scott's ass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
LOL ok heres what i want to know i have 4 channels, which means on the amp i have 8 terminals + and - for each channel, i have 4 speakers, 2 fron 2 rear... do i put the 2 front ones on the first 2 channels and the 2 back ones on the second 2 channels?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
scott's ass said:
LOL ok heres what i want to know i have 4 channels, which means on the amp i have 8 terminals + and - for each channel, i have 4 speakers, 2 fron 2 rear... do i put the 2 front ones on the first 2 channels and the 2 back ones on the second 2 channels?
the answer is yes by convention that fronts go on the 1st and 2nd channels and the rears on channels 3 and 4. but really each channel is exactly the same so it doesn't matter. the worst thing that could happen is that the balence control on the h/u becomes the control to fade betweek front and rear. just make sure pos is connected to pos on the amp and you don't reverse the polarity of the speakers.

scott's ass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive
yeah kool thanx alot man, i got it sorted now... ended up working it out but thanx anyways :D

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
vn6pwr said:
I dont know how you interpreted that but then yes that setup would be fine.

Scott, just make sure the rear RCA channels are the ones being split for the sub

why split the rears for the sub? I though if anything you would split one set into the 4ch and the other for the sub. Although i think he only has 1 preout anyway