Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4kg gas bottle top mount stove help.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hi all I just bought one from BCF and it's ****. Does anyone know of a good one? It's murdering my scotch fillet.
I don't care if it's $100 I just want a decent one. It's the style that sits on top of the gas bottle.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Okay I found a solution to this issue for anyone interested in the future.
I pulled the burner off and found a jet the jet reads 18 I assume for 18 thou jet drill.
So I bought a set of jet drills for $24 off ebay with the lowest being 19 thou so I'll run the 19 through it and see if it heats up better.
If not I'll move to the 23 thou and stop there if it still wont get hot enough I'll have to add more air holes to the burner.

I'll post my results when the drills get here.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Okay I found a solution to this issue for anyone interested in the future.
I pulled the burner off and found a jet the jet reads 18 I assume for 18 thou jet drill.
So I bought a set of jet drills for $24 off ebay with the lowest being 19 thou so I'll run the 19 through it and see if it heats up better.
If not I'll move to the 23 thou and stop there if it still wont get hot enough I'll have to add more air holes to the burner.

I'll post my results when the drills get here.

How is getting it hotter going to stop murdering your scotch fillet....If anything it'll murder it quicker o_O

More air holes equals more heat points which equals getting hotter quicker

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
How is getting it hotter going to stop murdering your scotch fillet....If anything it'll murder it quicker o_O

More air holes equals more heat points which equals getting hotter quicker

You need high heat to sear the surface then lower it.
I found there was dirt in the bottle nozzle I cleaned it out and it runs better now.
I'll still try the 19 thou drill though.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You need high heat to sear the surface then lower it.
I found there was dirt in the bottle nozzle I cleaned it out and it runs better now.
I'll still try the 19 thou drill though.

So you need to adjust the temperature with the current set up, to prevent murdering you fillet....Creating more holes, or enlarging the holes ain't going to solve the problem

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So you need to adjust the temperature with the current set up, to prevent murdering you fillet....Creating more holes, or enlarging the holes ain't going to solve the problem

The bottle has a valve to control heat I just need more maximum.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The bottle has a valve to control heat I just need more maximum.

Now you have really lost me....You want more heat, yet you're complaining your scotch fillet is getting murdered...For it to get murdered it's got to be getting too much heat to begin with....

So does this mean the purpose of it all is to murder it quicker, because what you are describing you want to do is exactly what will happen

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think the point the OP is really making is that he can afford Scotch Fillet at $40 a kilo, where most of us have to eat rump at $19 a kilo, and Snap On Tools instead of the rest of us with our poor old SP and Sidchrome kits......:(:(:(:(:(:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

rossybob

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 vy berlina
Hi all I just bought one from BCF and it's ****. Does anyone know of a good one? It's murdering my scotch fillet.
I don't care if it's $100 I just want a decent one. It's the style that sits on top of the gas bottle.
What`s this got to do with commodores??????