Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4l60 auto or turbo 400 for ls1

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
personally, id work the 4l60E...i have one in my vt and its held quite well considering the amount of abuse its copped....i also have a full reco 4l60e, transgo Hd2 shift kit, aluminium pistons, sunshell and 5 pinion planetery...only running a mildly worked v6 but it still delievers and definitely alot better then the standard box

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
personally, id work the 4l60E...i have one in my vt and its held quite well considering the amount of abuse its copped....i also have a full reco 4l60e, transgo Hd2 shift kit, aluminium pistons, sunshell and 5 pinion planetery...only running a mildly worked v6 but it still delievers and definitely alot better then the standard box

That may be true for you, but a mildly worked V6 isn't going to make as much power or torque as a stock LS1, so thats kinda irrelevant.

AGRSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS, Cammed VN V6 daily
If you know from experience, you'd also know that the trans tunnel won't be fine. You need to hammer the top of the tunnel in slightly, and cut a section out of the rail for electrical connector clearance.

didn't touch the top of my tunnel mate, and the rail need such a small notch that if you can light an oxy and use a hammer u will be fine. and FYI the rail isn't the trans tunnel if you wanna get all technical and sh!t

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
a craigs bult 4l65/60 will hand arould 630/650 flywheel hp he will even garentee it turbo 400 your up for big dollars budget for around 5g buy the time you build it and get a new tail shaft

Uppercut82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy ss
I dunno I have cammed LS1 vcm13 4l60e 4 K stall 4;11s and I dunno if box since new but car done 235tho and I've had car since 199tho was stock then got it mafless tuned 243rwkw Caine'd it till 230 now added cam n diff etc just under 400rwhp n it's fine,I just service box every 20th keep it clean added transcooler about do heads n bigger injectors should be around 320rwkw and when box goes Il just buy another cheap rebuilt 1 should last couple years atleast