Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4L60E auto lunges forward on cold starts

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This might be worth a read.

After cleaning mine the transmission was smoother.

Did a trans service today on the Calais. Also pulled out the pressure manifold to inspect and clean. Glad I did. The fluid in the pan is well used but not totally dead or burnt but there is still a huge amount of crap in the switches on the manifold. It's hard to see in the pic but it's all grey, almost like fine wear particles of alloy.
View attachment 219081View attachment 219082View attachment 219083
Also took the time to fit a .490 reverse boost valve upgrade and alloy deep pan for good measure.

I'm not 100% sure how this works but from what I can see, when the PCM selects a gear it activates the appropriate solenoid which then pressurises the relevant circuit, somewhere at the end of that circuit is this manifold switch that once the circuit is pressurised switches the relevant switch on the manifold and that tells the PCM the gear change has happened. It would seem that the manifold circuit point is a dead end so any contaminants in the fluid have no-where left to go but accumulate on the switch faces.