Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4l60e better shifting

Milesvtcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Sorry it wasnt for between gear the tcc pwm solenoid i i forgot its just for when the tcc solenoid locks heres the vid anyway
Thanks bro, I'll look into it but I think it's only for older transmissions

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not at all. the PWM solenoid was added to the TCC circuit in late 94 to the 4L60e to "smoothen" the torque converter lock function. The problem is that over time this wears out and prevents the torque converter lockup from working correctly. This is something I modify in the tune but you can also mechanically bypass it. One company supplies a clip that locks up the solenoid and stops it working. Never seen it done like that before.

Milesvtcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Not at all. the PWM solenoid was added to the TCC circuit in late 94 to the 4L60e to "smoothen" the torque converter lock function. The problem is that over time this wears out and prevents the torque converter lockup from working correctly. This is something I modify in the tune but you can also mechanically bypass it. One company supplies a clip that locks up the solenoid and stops it working. Never seen it done like that before.
Well unfortunately I've for bigger problems on my table... today I installed some roller rockers and when tightening the batter back up I shorted out the positive terminal on the batter tie down point. Didn't think much of it because I have done this exact thing before (stupid me) but now whenever I go to start it it fires and kinda runs for a few seconds and then stalls, let it sit for a few minutes then it kicks over again and stalls.
If you have any suggestions please help as it would be greatly appreciated

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Next time tighten the clamp down, the pos then neg. Last thing to put on is always the neg lead that way it won't arc out if you accidentally touch the body.

Milesvtcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Next time tighten the clamp down, the pos then neg. Last thing to put on is always the neg lead that way it won't arc out if you accidentally touch the body.
I have to tighten the negative and positive down before I tighten the clamp because the body is in the way

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Try feeding it start you bastard see if it runs longer if so you have fuel supply problem maybe

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Wouldnt there be an emergency fuel cut off incase of an accident maybe you have triggered that somehow ..maybe try disconnecting battery for a bit see if something resetts

Milesvtcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Try feeding it start you bastard see if it runs longer if so you have fuel supply problem maybe
Hey mate, I pulled the throttle body apart and it absolutely stinks of fuel. I'm only getting spark for the 1st second of turning it over so I believe I have triggered the imoboliser as this is the symptoms. The exhaust is full of fuel you can smell it there aswell especially when you let it sit and then try and fire it up again and it makes a massive bang noise which I believe is a backfire. Not to worry as im I'm quaratine and I've got weeks to fix it

Milesvtcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Wouldnt there be an emergency fuel cut off incase of an accident maybe you have triggered that somehow ..maybe try disconnecting battery for a bit see if something resetts
Yeah I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes as this is the reset time I believe, no change still only fired for a second then backfired. It's getting heaps of fuel just no spark