Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4L60E service kit recomendatiom

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
Folks, purchased a ve ute few months back and engine died on maiden voyage home

Long story short the previous owner did or had from what I understand no servicings carried out on the vehicle and it had 300k on it

Want to play it safe and service the transmission in the next few weeks, its an M30 auto, so guess that means its a 4L60E, looking at some online kits they mention kits for vx, kit for vt etc, is there a difference between the vt,vx and ve 4L60E's, are they all the same and interchangeable? Boxes that is.

steve

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Check the Ryco Website,
Key in your Model/Make/Engine/Year, and that will give you the Service kit part number,

Then take it from there.

Last edited:

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Folks, purchased a ve ute few months back and engine died on maiden voyage home

Long story short the previous owner did or had from what I understand no servicings carried out on the vehicle and it had 300k on it

Want to play it safe and service the transmission in the next few weeks, its an M30 auto, so guess that means its a 4L60E, looking at some online kits they mention kits for vx, kit for vt etc, is there a difference between the vt,vx and ve 4L60E's, are they all the same and interchangeable? Boxes that is.

steve
Engine would not have lasted anywhere 300xxx if it had not been serviced, and don’t flush the transmission given its age

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Engine would not have lasted anywhere 300xxx if it had not been serviced, and don’t flush the transmission given its age
The ones that reach 300,000 are usually the good ones! We don't know how long he owned it for though.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
The ones that reach 300,000 are usually the good ones! We don't know how long he owned it for though.
OK. I thought the 4l60e is pretty bulletproof when running stock power?
But a plenty well maintained Alloytecs over the 300xxx

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yes they are. I'm talking about the last owner not servicing the engine. The 4L60e is a great transmission. Just needs a service every few years.

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
Yeh, 300k is impressive

Last edited:

Simso1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega ute
Yes they are. I'm talking about the last owner not servicing the engine. The 4L60e is a great transmission. Just needs a service every few years.
Exactly, hence as i have no history on it and already replaced the motor, thought it would be a good idea to service / oil change the transmission and diff as well

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Just be careful if the fluid is burnt you can actually do more harm than good by changing it