Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4l60e Upgrade help

Which combination?

• Corvette 2nd only + boost valve

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Billet 2nd only + boost valve

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corvette 2nd + Billet 4th + boost valve

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Billet 2nd + billet 4th + boost valve

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other - please comment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
hey guys
im looking at changing the servo's in my transmission (4l60e) and the boost valve for my vx V6.ive done some research and searching and ive found mixed opinions on the corvette and billet servo's and boost valves.transgo do a .500 boost valve and a few others brands do .490 or .470
only mods to the car are the exhaust system and the air intake.it will soon have roller rockers and a plenum/manifold spacer,cai spacer and bigger injectors.
looking for opinions or advice on a good servo and boost valve combo as at this stage due to some circumstances we cant fit a shift kit.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
.490 boost valve corvette servo and transgo shiftkit i think the 4l60e kit comes with boost valve cant remember been a while since i fitted the last one no need for billet 2nd/4th servos corvette is more than enough

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
.490 boost valve corvette servo and transgo shiftkit i think the 4l60e kit comes with boost valve cant remember been a while since i fitted the last one no need for billet 2nd/4th servos corvette is more than enough

due to a bunch of stupid circumstances (politics)we cant fit a shift kit,but we can do the rest,so just .490 boost valve and corvette servo?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
what sort of politics its not a performance mod

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
what sort of politics its not a performance mod

long story short.we can do anything deemed "non-perminant" to the car that doesn't affect any of the main components.e.g were not allowed to do cam,shift kits,diff gears,etc.
all bolt on mods are deemed ok.performance or not

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dont fit anything to the auto then leave it stock and just get the shift pressure changed in the tune

red_spider

Reaction score
Members Ride
02' VXii Exec 9C1
Not worth putting just the corvette servo and .490 bv in? Technically it isn't "permanent" just drop the oil take off the pan change both and put it all back together.

Can tunes we reverted to stock settings as such?

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
I installed 0.50 boost valve and corvette servo, It made a nice difference to the quality of the shifts, I all so got an awesome custom tune from The1

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
corvette servo is a great mod, helps apply 2nd gear firmer for better 1-2 shift as it has greater apply area to engage the band and hold it better. The boost valve upgrade is good to, though is only used in Reverse, the larger piston gives more holding power while the reverse input drum is engaged, the main upgrade of the boost valve is actually the big spring a stiffer spring will help hold the pressure regulator valve up letting less fluid through the decrease circuit from the pump. Basically causing a slight increase in line pressure to all components across the board, good to especially help at WOT where pressure in the tune can't be increased anymore.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Also a much cheaper option to get a bit more life out of a stock trans that is starting to slip than rebuilding and easier than replacing it.