Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4l60e

Hoppy

Reaction score
Hi guy's , I have just put an Ecotec and auto from a 2000 VX into a nissan patrol, Took it for it's first rum today and discovered that when it is put into D it wants to start off in 2nd, if i pull it down to 1st it is fine, what would cause that??, and what can be done to correct it
Cheers
Hoppy

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
well i guess one of the transmission inputs is telling it to be in 2nd, the question is which one and why is it giving the wrong signal?

possibly the vehicle speed sender is giving the wrong info, due to different final drive ratio of patrol?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Nah it always goes into 2nd. I think that's one thing that prevents burnouts. I'm pretty sure it can slip into 2nd gear, even when the selector is on 1..

What's the problem with starting in 2nd though? Not taking off fast enough?

Hoppy

Reaction score
Shounak said:
What's the problem with starting in 2nd though? Not taking off fast enough?

Starting in 2nd sucks, with a 4.6 rear end and 35inch tyres (about 90cm's) starting in first certainly turns the tyres ..

S

stephen.abram

Problem with Auto Trans

Can anyone HELP?? I have a VS-V6 EX Persuit Comadore Sedan (Auto) and it has suddenly Lost ALL it's Engine Braking when I use the gear leaver to drop it back when coasting up to red lights,stop signs ect. Same when going down hill in top gear, if I take my foot off the accelerator, it just runs away?? Gearbox model I believe is a 4L60E.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
overrun clutch failure?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
stephen.abram said:
Can anyone HELP?? I have a VS-V6 EX Persuit Comadore Sedan (Auto) and it has suddenly Lost ALL it's Engine Braking when I use the gear leaver to drop it back when coasting up to red lights,stop signs ect. Same when going down hill in top gear, if I take my foot off the accelerator, it just runs away?? Gearbox model I believe is a 4L60E.
Going down hill I understand, but why engine brake in an auto car? Just get off the accelerator and baby the brakes if you want to slow down.

I don't like shifting my auto too much. They're designed to be put in drive and driven..