Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4WDing

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Took the 80 out for a quick play in the bush today. Performed great. Didnt have to put it in lo range or air down the tyres at all. Was pretty dry with a few wet patches.

Did a small flex test aswell

58119_586503444701490_1822817855_n.jpg

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
You're extremely limited on after market modifications for the Pajaro.

They are an awesome 4x4 but the build isn't as good as the Toyota in its class.

The Toyota badge is also a bit of wank factor, and their reliability and strength has stood the test of time...

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Took the 80 out for a quick play in the bush today. Performed great. Didnt have to put it in lo range or air down the tyres at all. Was pretty dry with a few wet patches.

Did a small flex test aswell

Nice flex.

Personally, I would air down anywhere off road, makes the ride a lot more comfortable and it does less damage to the tracks. I pretty much use low range everywhere too, a lot less strain on the car and a LOT less wheel spin.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
You're extremely limited on after market modifications for the Pajaro.

The Toyota badge is also a bit of wank factor, and their reliability and strength has stood the test of time...

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

I'm not going overboard, just bar, lights, snorkel, 2 inch lift and eventually wheels and tyres... all of which are readily avalible. Everything else I'd do isn't vehicle specific so it doesn't matter.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Yeah, they are a great tourer. Id most likely buy one if I intended to keep the panels straight and focus more on trips to Cape York and the Simpson ect...

If its just the mods you have listed above, then there are plenty of kit's for them.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

the toyota's aren't that good quality wise, some of the panel gaps,paint quality is very average and i have to look at them all day

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Nice flex.

Personally, I would air down anywhere off road, makes the ride a lot more comfortable and it does less damage to the tracks. I pretty much use low range everywhere too, a lot less strain on the car and a LOT less wheel spin.

I would have aired down if there was wheelspin, but the track was very solid and i didnt lose traction at any point on the track. Was quite a boring drive actually, only succeeded in putting some pinstriping on the new rig. Second gear high range, no loss of traction and no over revving -= not real fun :p

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
So here it is. I'll admit, it was pretty sad seeing the Statesman go but it was time to move on.

1F990A57-75F8-4E33-AE8B-B7E8B7FE83C4-1902-0000030ECE1CEB0B_zps9f2c35f1.jpg

(More pics when I do a proper thread this arvo)

There's issues I've picked up and the most annoying of them is the rattle behind the dash. I'll have a good look later and see if I can fix it. Plus it seems to have a lot of wind noise either from the mirrors or roof rails but I really can't fix that. And the last one is with the tyres. It came with Bridgestone Dueler ATs and 3 of them have the white writing facing out and 1 is facing in. I'll get that sorted soon though.

Overall I'm happy with it, it was a totally different experience driving it home last night because I've never really driven that style of car before. I can tell you now, it's no speed demon but its not built for that anyway. First job is replace all lights with LEDs and next step is bar and lights and I'll slowly work on it from there.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
nice troy,
its funny how so many people go from the v8 holden to the 4wd,
best thing i done,so much more fun though its not cheaper once you get the mod bug,its properly more expansive ha ha.
when you start looking at recovery gear i would recommend tigerz11, cheapest on the market and i have put it to test several times with success.